Buyer Power and its Impact on Competition in the Food Retail Distribution Sector of the European Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Shea, 1993. "Do Supply Curves Slope Up?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 1-32.
- Dobson, Paul W & Waterson, Michael, 1997. "Countervailing Power and Consumer Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 418-430, March.
- Stephen Davies & Laura Rondi & Alessandro Sembenelli, 1997. "European Integration And Leading Firms’ Entry And Exit Strategies," CERIS Working Paper 199710, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- E. C. H. Veendorp, 1987. "Oligoemporistic Competition and the Countervailing Power Hypothesis," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(3), pages 519-526, August.
- Paul Dobson & Michael Waterson, 1999. "Retailer power: recent developments and policy implications," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 133-164, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:got:cegedp:66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wortmann, Michael, 2003. "Structural change and globalisation of the German retail industry," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Internationalization and Organization SP III 2003-202b, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Carsten Eckel, 2009. "International Trade and Retailing," CESifo Working Paper Series 2597, CESifo Group Munich.
- Céline Bonnet & Zohra Bouamra-Mechemache, 2016.
"Organic Label, Bargaining Power, and Profit-sharing in the French Fluid Milk Market,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(1), pages 113-133.
- Bonnet, Céline & Bouamra-Mechemache, Zohra, 2014. "Organic label, bargaining power, and profit sharing in the French fluid milk market," TSE Working Papers 14-493, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jan 2015.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2010.
"Market power and rents in global supply chains,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 109-120, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Market Power and Rents in Global Supply Chains," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53213, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wang, Xiuqing & Weldegebriel, Habtu T. & Rayner, Anthony J., 2006.
"Price Transmission, Market Power and Returns to Scale,"
46004, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Wang, Xiuqing & Weldegebriel, Habtu T. & Rayner, Anthony J., 2006. "Price Transmission, Market Power and Returns to Scale," Working Papers 46004, Scottish Agricultural College, Land Economy Research Group.
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie & Stéphane Caprice, 2011.
"Merger efficiency and welfare implications of buyer power,"
ESMT Research Working Papers
ESMT-11-07, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Özlem Bedre-Defolie & Stéphane Caprice, 2011. "Merger Efficiency and Welfare Implications of Buyer Power," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1144, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2009.
"Buyer power in international markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 222-229, November.
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2007. "Buyer Power in International Markets," Discussion Papers dp07-23, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2008. "Buyer Power in International Markets," Kiel Working Papers 1431, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2009. "Buyer Power in International Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2755, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jindřich Špička, 2016. "Market Concentration and Profitability of the Grocery Retailers in Central Europe," Central European Business Review, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(3), pages 5-24.
- Eckel, Carsten, 2007. "International trade and retailing: Diversity versus accessibility and the creation of retail deserts," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 66, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Akkerman, Renzo & van Donk, Dirk Pieter, 2009. "Product mix variability with correlated demand in two-stage food manufacturing with intermediate storage," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 313-322, October.
- Bedre-Defolie, Ö., 2012. "Vertical coordination through renegotiation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 553-563.
- Fofana, Abdulai & Jaffry, Shabbar, 2008. "Measuring Oligopsony Power of UK Salmon Retailers," Working Papers 61116, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Markidou Anna & Michis Antonis, 2016. "Channel Concentration and Retail Prices: Evidence from the Traditional Cheese Market of Cyprus," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 109-119, May.
- El Benni, Nadja & Finger, Robert & Hediger, Werner, 2014. "Transmission of beef and veal prices in different marketing channels," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182696, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Habtu T. Weldegebriel & Xiuqing Wang & Anthony J. Rayner, 2012. "Price transmission market power and industry technology: a note," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(3), pages 281-299, August.
- Fabio Musso & Mario Risso & Barbara Francioni, 2011.
"Grande distribuzione alimentare e criteri di selezione dei fornitori nella prospettiva dei piccoli e medi produttori,"
MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(1), pages 73-92.
- Musso, Fabio & Risso, Mario & Francioni, Barbara, 2010.
"Grande distribuzione alimentare e criteri di selezione dei fornitori nella prospettiva dei piccoli e medi produttori
[Suppliers selction criteria for large retailers: The small and medium manufactu," MPRA Paper 31353, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Musso, Fabio & Risso, Mario & Francioni, Barbara, 2010. "Grande distribuzione alimentare e criteri di selezione dei fornitori nella prospettiva dei piccoli e medi produttori
- Karantininis, Kostas & Sauer, Johannes & Furtan, William Hartley, 2010. "Innovation and integration in the agri-food industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 112-120, April.
- Zhou, Yuan & Xie, Jinxing, 2014. "Potentially self-defeating: Group buying in a two-tier supply chain," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 42-52.
More about this item
Keywordsbuyer power; retailing; competition; concentration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jincot:v:1:y:2001:i:3:p:247-281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .