Testing for Opaqueness in the European Banking Industry: Evidence from Bond Credit Ratings
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 30 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/journal/10693|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luigi Zingales & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2003.
"Banks and Markets: The Changing Character of European Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
9595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "Banks and Markets: the Changing Character of European Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3865, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philipp Hartmann & Angela Maddaloni & Simone Manganelli, 2003.
"The Euro-area Financial System: Structure, Integration, and Policy Initiatives,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 180-213.
- Manganelli, Simone & Hartmann, Philipp & Maddaloni, Angela, 2003. "The euro area financial system: structure, integration and policy initiatives," Working Paper Series 0230, European Central Bank.
- Gabriele Galati & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2001. "The impact of the euro on Europe's financial markets," BIS Working Papers 100, Bank for International Settlements.
- anonymous, 1999. "Using subordinated debt as an instrument of market discipline," Staff Studies 172, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, .
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
CRSP working papers
344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Stewart C. Myers & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1998.
"The Paradox of Liquidity,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 733-771.
- Stewart C. Myers & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1998. "The Paradox of Liquidity," CRSP working papers 339, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Stewart C. Myers & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995. "The Paradox of Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 5143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reint Gropp & Jukka M. Vesala & Giuseppe Vulpes, 2002.
"Equity and bond market signals as leading indicators of bank fragility,"
Conference Series ; [Proceedings],
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Gropp, Reint & Vesala, Jukka & Vulpes, Giuseppe, 2006. "Equity and Bond Market Signals as Leading Indicators of Bank Fragility," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(2), pages 399-428, March.
- Gropp, Reint & Vesala, Jukka & Vulpes, Giuseppe, 2002. "Equity and bond market signals as leading indicators of bank fragility," Working Paper Series 0150, European Central Bank.
- Mark J. Flannery & Simon H. Kwan & Mahendrarajah Nimalendran, 1997.
"Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets,"
560, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, M., 2004. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 419-460, March.
- Simon H. Kwan & Mark J. Flannery & M. Nimalendran, 1999. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Marco Pagano & Ernst-Ludwig von Thadden, 2004.
"The European Bond Markets under EMU,"
CSEF Working Papers
126, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Allen N. Berger & Richard J. Herring & Giorgio P. Szego, 1995.
"The role of capital in financial institutions,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
95-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Franklin Allen & Anthony M. Santomero, 1999.
"What Do Financial Intermediaries Do?,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
99-30, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:30:y:2006:i:3:p:287-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.