Electronic Communication Networks and Liquidity on the Nasdaq
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Kaufman, Herbert M., 1997. "A Comparison of Trade Execution Costs for NYSE and NASDAQ-Listed Stocks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 287-310, September.
- Christie, William G & Schultz, Paul H, 1994. "Why Do NASDAQ Market Makers Avoid Odd-Eighth Quotes?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1813-1840, December.
- Easley, David & Kiefer, Nicholas M & O'Hara, Maureen, 1996. "Cream-Skimming or Profit-Sharing? The Curious Role of Purchased Order Flow," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(3), pages 811-833, July.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Stoll, Hans R, 1978.
"The Supply of Dealer Services in Securities Markets,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1133-1151, September.
- Hans R. Stoll, "undated". "The Supply of Dealer Services in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-78, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Hans R. Stoll, "undated". "The Supply of Dealer Services in Securities Markets," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-78, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Terrence Hendershott & Haim Mendelson, 2000. "Crossing Networks and Dealer Markets: Competition and Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 2071-2115, October.
- James P. Weston, 2000. "Competition on the Nasdaq and the Impact of Recent Market Reforms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2565-2598, December.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Kandel, Eugene & Marx, Leslie M., 1998. "The Effects of Transaction Costs on Stock Prices and Trading Volume," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 130-150, April.
- Eugene Kandel & Leslie M. Marx, 1999. "Payments for Order Flow on Nasdaq," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 35-66, February.
- Heidle, Hans G. & Huang, Roger D., 2002. "Information-Based Trading in Dealer and Auction Markets: An Analysis of Exchange Listings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 391-424, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markus Baldauf & Joshua Mollner, 2015. "Trading in Fragmented Markets," Discussion Papers 15-018, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Robert J. Kauffman & Yuzhou Hu & Dan Ma, 2015. "Will high-frequency trading practices transform the financial markets in the Asia Pacific Region?," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1-27, December.
- B. Mizrach, 2006.
"Does SIZE matter? Liquidity Provision by the Nasdaq Anonymous Trading Facility,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 7(4), pages 471-486, December.
- Bruce Mizrach, 2006. "Does SIZE Matter? Liquidity Provision by the Nasdaq Anonymous Trading Facility," Departmental Working Papers 200602, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Chung, Dennis Y. & Hrazdil, Karel, 2012. "Speed of convergence to market efficiency: The role of ECNs," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 702-720.
- Detlef Seese & Christof Weinhardt & Frank Schlottmann (ed.), 2008. "Handbook on Information Technology in Finance," International Handbooks on Information Systems, Springer, number 978-3-540-49487-4, March.
- Kauffman, Robert J. & Liu, Jun & Ma, Dan, 2015. "Innovations in financial IS and technology ecosystems: High-frequency trading in the equity market," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 339-354.
- Bruce Mizrach, 2008. "The next tick on Nasdaq," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 19-40.
- G. Wuyts, 2007. "Stock Market Liquidity.Determinants and Implications," Review of Business and Economic Literature, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Review of Business and Economic Literature, vol. 0(2), pages 279-316.
- Ricardo Ribeiro, 2008. "Market Dominance and Barriers to Competition in Financial Trading Venues," Working Papers 08-35, NET Institute, revised Oct 2008.
- Rahi, Rohit & Zigrand, Jean-Pierre, 2013. "Market quality and contagion in fragmented markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60971, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bruce Mizrach, 2002. "The Next Tick on Nasdaq: Does Level II Information Matter?," Departmental Working Papers 200202, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fink, Jason & Fink, Kristin E. & Weston, James P., 2006. "Competition on the Nasdaq and the growth of electronic communication networks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2537-2559, September.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2005. "Dimensions of execution quality: Recent evidence for US equity markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 553-582, December.
- He, Yan & Wang, Junbo & Wu, Chunchi, 2013. "Domestic versus foreign equity shares: Which are more costly to trade in the Chinese market?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 465-481.
- Duong Nguyen & Tribhuvan Puri, 2014. "Information asymmetry and accounting restatement: NYSE-AMEX and NASDAQ evidence," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 211-244, August.
- He, Chen & Odders-White, Elizabeth & Ready, Mark J., 2006. "The impact of preferencing on execution quality," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 246-273, August.
- repec:wyi:journl:002085 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Michayluk & Paul Kofman, 2001. "Market Structure and Stock Splits," Research Paper Series 62, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Fishe, Raymond P. H. & Robe, Michel A., 2004. "The impact of illegal insider trading in dealer and specialist markets: evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 461-488, March.
- Craig W. Holden & Stacey Jacobsen & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2014. "The Empirical Analysis of Liquidity," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 8(4), pages 263-365, December.
- S. Ghon Rhee & Ning Tang, 2013. "Can quote competition reduce preferenced trading? A reexamination of the SEC’s 1997 order handling rules," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(1), pages 243-264, March.
- Benston, George J. & Wood, Robert A., 2008. "Why effective spreads on NASDAQ were higher than on the New York stock exchange in the 1990s," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 17-40, January.
- Joe Chen, 2005. "The Market Structure of Nasdaq Dealer Markets and Quoting Conventions," CARF F-Series CARF-F-040, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Yan He & Hai Lin & Chunchi Wu & Uric B. Dufrene, 2013. "The 2000 presidential election and the information cost of sensitive versus," Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Diamond, Stephen F. & Kuan, Jennifer W., 2018. "Are the stock markets “rigged”? An empirical analysis of regulatory change," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 33-40.
- He, Yan & Lin, Hai & Wu, Chunchi & Dufrene, Uric B., 2009. "The 2000 presidential election and the information cost of sensitive versus non-sensitive S&P 500 stocks," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 54-86, February.
- Joe Chen, 2005. "The Market Structure of Nasdaq Dealer Markets and Quoting Conventions," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-357, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Ledenyov, Dimitri O. & Ledenyov, Viktor O., 2015. "Wave function method to forecast foreign currencies exchange rates at ultra high frequency electronic trading in foreign currencies exchange markets," MPRA Paper 67470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tse, Yiuman, 2000. "Further Examination of Price Discovery on the NYSE and Regional Exchanges," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 331-351, Fall.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Bryan K. Church, 1999.
"Bid-Ask Spreads in Multiple Dealer Settings: Some Experimental Evidence,"
Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 28(1), Spring.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Bryan K. Church, 1998. "Bid-ask spreads in multiple dealer settings: Some experimental evidence," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Wenbin Tang & Hoang Nguyen & Van Nguyen, 2013. "The effects of listing changes between NASDAQ market segments," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(4), pages 584-605, October.
- van Kervel, V.L., 2013. "Competition between stock exchanges and optimal trading," Other publications TiSEM 5c608a0f-527d-441d-a910-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsBid-ask spread; liquidity; ECN; Nasdaq.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:22:y:2002:i:1:p:125-139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.