The impact of preferencing on execution quality
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eugene Kandel & Leslie M. Marx, 1999. "Payments for Order Flow on Nasdaq," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 35-66, 02.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2005. "Dimensions of execution quality: Recent evidence for US equity markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 553-582, December.
- Lin, Ji-Chai & Sanger, Gary C. & Geoffrey Booth, G., 1998. "External information costs and the adverse selection problem: A comparison of NASDAQ and NYSE stocks," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 113-136.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1999. "Trade Execution Costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE: A Post-Reform Comparison," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(03), pages 387-407, September.
- Chung, Kee H. & Chuwonganant, Chairat & McCormick, D. Timothy, 2004. "Order preferencing and market quality on NASDAQ before and after decimalization," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 581-612, March.
- Chakravarty, Sugato & Sakar, Asani, 2001.
"A Model of Broker's Trading with Applications to Order Flow Internalization,"
Purdue University Economics Working Papers
1150, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Chakravarty, Sugato & Sarkar, Asani, 2002. "A model of broker's trading, with applications to order flow internalization," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 19-36.
- Mark A. Peterson & Erik R. Sirri, 2003. "Order Preferencing and Market Quality on U.S. Equity Exchanges," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(2), pages 385-415.
- Battalio, Robert & Holden, Craig W., 2001. "A simple model of payment for order flow, internalization, and total trading cost," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 33-71, January.
- James P. Weston, 2000. "Competition on the Nasdaq and the Impact of Recent Market Reforms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2565-2598, December.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Kaufman, Herbert M., 1997. "A Comparison of Trade Execution Costs for NYSE and NASDAQ-Listed Stocks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(03), pages 287-310, September.
- Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "Market Making, the Tick Size, and Payment-for-Order Flow: Theory and Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(4), pages 543-75, October.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Oliver Hansch & Narayan Y. Naik & S. Viswanathan, 1999. "Preferencing, Internalization, Best Execution, and Dealer Profits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1799-1828, October.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 2003. "Trade Execution Costs and Market Quality after Decimalization," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(04), pages 747-777, December.
- Benveniste, Lawrence M. & Marcus, Alan J. & Wilhelm, William J., 1992. "What's special about the specialist?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 61-86, August.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Christine A. Parlour & Duane J. Seppi, 2003. "Liquidity-Based Competition for Order Flow," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(2), pages 301-343.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finmar:v:9:y:2006:i:3:p:246-273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.