Housing Finance GSEs: Who Gets the Subsidy?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John L. Goodman & Wayne Passmore, 1992. "Market power and the pricing of mortgage securitization," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 187, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1992.
- Kaufman, Herbert M, 1988. "FNMA's Role in Deregulated Markets: Implications from Past Behavior," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(4), pages 673-683, November.
- Passmore, Wayne & Sparks, Roger, 1996.
"Putting the Squeeze on a Market for Lemons: Government-Sponsored Mortgage Securitization,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 27-43, July.
- Wayne Passmore & Roger Sparks, 1995. "Putting the squeeze on a market for lemons: government-sponsored mortgage securitization," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-13, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James F. Gatti & Ronald W. Spahr, 1997. "The Value of Federal Sponsorship: The Case of Freddie Mac," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 25(3), pages 453-485, September.
- John C. Weicher, 1994. "The new structure of the housing finance system," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 47-65.
- Deborah L. Martin & Randall Pozdena, 1991. "Taxpayer risk in mortgage policy," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue dec20.
- Robert C. Merton & André Perold, 1993. "Theory Of Risk Capital In Financial Firms," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 6(3), pages 16-32, September.
- Chester Foster & Edward J. Kane, 1986. "Valuing conjectural government guarantees of FNMA liabilities," Proceedings 117, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Hendershott, Patric H & Shilling, James D, 1989.
"The Impact of the Agencies on Conventional Fixed-Rate Mortgage Yields,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 101-115, June.
- Patric H. Hendershott & James D. Shilling, 1988. "The Impact of the Agencies on Conventional Fixed-Rate Mortgage Yields," NBER Working Papers 2646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben R. Craig & James B. Thomson, 2001. "Federal Home Loan Bank lending to community banks: are targeted subsidies necessary?," Working Papers (Old Series) 0112, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 2001.
- Wayne Passmore, 2003.
"The GSE implicit subsidy and value of government ambiguity,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2003-64, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2003.
- Wayne Passmore, 2005. "The GSE implicit subsidy and the value of government ambiguity," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-05, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2005.
- Lawrence White, 2003.
"Focusing on Fannie and Freddie: The Dilemmas of Reforming Housing Finance,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 43-58, February.
- Lawrence J. White, 2002. "Focusing on Fannie and Freddie: The Dilemmas of Reforming Housing Finance," Working Papers 02-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Ben Craig & James Thomson, 2003. "Federal Home Loan Bank Lending to Community Banks: Are Targeted Subsidies Desirable?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 5-28, February.
More about this item
KeywordsGSE subsidy; Fannie Mae; incentive compensation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:15:y:1999:i:3:p:197-209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.