Poverty, inequality, and populist politics in Iran
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani, 2007. "Poverty, Inequality, and Populist Politics in Iran," Working Papers e07-1, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1996.
"A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(3), pages 565-591, September.
- Klaus Deininger & Lyn Squire, 1996. "A New Data Set Measuring Income Inequality," CEMA Working Papers 512, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Hongyi Li & Lyn Squire & Tao Zhang & Heng-fu Zou, 1999. "A Data Set on Income Distribution," CEMA Working Papers 575, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Dean Jolliffe & Anastassia Semykina, 2000. "Robust standard errors for the Foster-Greer-Thorbecke class of poverty indices," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(51).
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani, 2006. "Revolution and redistribution in Iran: poverty and inequality 25 years later," Working Papers e06-3, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Joan Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2004.
"Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1737-1772, November.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Debraj Ray & Joan Esteban, 2002. "Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation," LIS Working papers 335, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Esteban, Joan & Ray, Debraj, 2003. "Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation," Cahiers de recherche 0301, CIRPEE.
- Jean-Yves Duclos & Joan-Maria Esteban & Debraj Ray, 2003. "Polarization: Concepts, Measurement, Estimation," Working Papers 46, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Milanovic, Branko & DEC, 1994. "Determinants of cross-country income inequality : an augmented Kuznets hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1246, The World Bank.
- Anthony F. Shorrocks, 1983. "The Impact of Income Components on the Distribution of Family Incomes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 311-326.
- Martin Biewen & Stephen P. Jenkins, 2003.
"Estimation of Generalized Entropy and Atkinson Inequality Indices from Complex Survey Data,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
345, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Biewen, Martin & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2003. "Estimation of Generalized Entropy and Atkinson Inequality Indices from Complex Survey Data," IZA Discussion Papers 763, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anand, Sudhir & Kanbur, S. M. R., 1993. "The Kuznets process and the inequality--development relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 25-52, February.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2005. "Alternative public service delivery mechanisms in Iran," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 497-525, May.
- Biewen, Martin, 2002. "Bootstrap inference for inequality, mobility and poverty measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 317-342, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Mahmoudi, Vahid, 2013. "Robust growth-equity decomposition of change in poverty: The case of Iran (2000–2009)," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 268-276.
- Yu-chin Chen & Kwok Ping Tsang & Wen Jen Tsay, 2010. "Home Bias in Currency Forecasts," Working Papers e07-18, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Hosnieh Mahoozi, 2015. "Gender and Spatial Disparity of Multidimensional Poverty in Iran," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp095.pdf, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- repec:wsi:medjxx:v:01:y:2009:i:02:n:s1793812009000085 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Mohammad Habibpour, 2014.
"Direct Distribution of Rents and the Resource Curse in Iran: A Micro-econometric Analysis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4824, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Mohammad Habibpour, 2014. "Direct Distribution of Rents and the Resource Curse in Iran: A Micro-econometric Analysis," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201425, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:35-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:186-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oyvat, Cem, 2016.
"Agrarian Structures, Urbanization, and Inequality,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 207-230.
- Cem Oyvat, 2013. "Agrarian Structures, Urbanization and Inequality," Working Papers wp336, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Oyvat, Cem, 2016. "Agrarian Structures, Urbanization, and Inequality," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 15005, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Salehi-Isfahani, Djavad & Majbouri, Mehdi, 2013. "Mobility and the dynamics of poverty in Iran: Evidence from the 1992–1995 panel survey," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 257-267.
- Arman Bidarbakht Nia, 2011. "Examining Poverty and Inequality across Small Areas of Islamic Republic Of Iran; Toolmaking for Efficient Welfare Policies," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 18(1), pages 125-159, June.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Insan Tunali & Ragui Assaad, 2009.
"A Comparative Study Of Returns To Education Of Urban Men In Egypt, Iran, And Turkey,"
Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 145-187.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Insan Tunali & Ragui Assaad, 2009. "A comparative study of returns to education of urban men in Egypt, Iran, and Turkey," Working Papers e07-17, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Sanaz Fesharaki & Mahdi Majbouri, 2016. "Iran's multi-ethnic mosaic," WIDER Working Paper Series 117, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mahoozi, Hosnieh, 2015. "Multiple dimensions of regional variation of impoverishment in Iran," Discussion Papers 70, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Inequality; Iran; Islamic Revolution; Populism; D63; D72; N35;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- N35 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jecinq:v:7:y:2009:i:1:p:5-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .