Institutional Structure and Firm Social Performance in Transitional Economies: Evidence of Multinational Corporations in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2006.
"Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategic Implications,"
Journal of Management Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2005. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategic Implications," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0506, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Arnold, Denis G. & Bowie, Norman E., 2007. "Respect for Workers in Global Supply Chains: Advancing the Debate Over Sweatshops," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 135-145, January.
- Bryan Husted & David Allen, 2007. "Corporate Social Strategy in Multinational Enterprises: Antecedents and Value Creation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 74(4), pages 345-361, September.
- William Shafer & Kyoko Fukukawa & Grace Lee, 2007. "Values and the Perceived Importance of Ethics and Social Responsibility: The U.S. versus China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 70(3), pages 265-284, February.
- Carroll, Archie B., 1991. "The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 39-48.
- Margaret Griesse, 2007. "Developing Social Responsibility: Biotechnology and the Case of DuPont in Brazil," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 73(1), pages 103-118, June.
- K. C. Fung & Hitomi Iizaka & Sarah Tong, 2004. "Foreign direct investment in China: Policy, recent trend and impact," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 99-130.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Justin Tan & Anna Tan, 2012. "Business Under Threat, Technology Under Attack, Ethics Under Fire: The Experience of Google in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(4), pages 469-479, November.
- Douglas Cumming & Wenxuan Hou & Edward Lee, 2016. "Business Ethics and Finance in Greater China: Synthesis and Future Directions in Sustainability, CSR, and Fraud," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(4), pages 601-626, November.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:148:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-3007-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:346-355 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhao, Meng, 2013. "Beyond cops and robbers: The contextual challenge driving the multinational corporation public crisis in China and Russia," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 491-501.
- Justin Tan & Yuejun Tang, 2016. "Donate Money, but Whose? An Empirical Study of Ultimate Control Rights, Agency Problems, and Corporate Philanthropy in China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 593-610, April.
- Jie Wu & Zhenzhong Ma, 2016. "Export Intensity and MNE Customers’ Environmental Requirements: Effects on Local Chinese Suppliers’ Environment Strategies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(2), pages 327-339, May.
- Dawn L. Keig & Lance Eliot Brouthers & Victor B. Marshall, 2015. "Formal and Informal Corruption Environments and Multinational Enterprise Social Irresponsibility," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 89-116, January.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1174-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salla Laasonen & Martin Fougère & Arno Kourula, 2012. "Dominant Articulations in Academic Business and Society Discourse on NGO–Business Relations: A Critical Assessment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(4), pages 521-545, September.
- Jamali, Dima & Karam, Charlotte & Yin, Juelin & Soundararajan, Vivek, 2017. "CSR logics in developing countries: Translation, adaptation and stalled development," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 343-359.
- Feng, Zhi-Yuan & Wang, Ming-Long & Huang, Hua-Wei, 2015. "Equity Financing and Social Responsibility: Further International Evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 247-280.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:591-614 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meng Zhao & Justin Tan & Seung Park, 2014. "From Voids to Sophistication: Institutional Environment and MNC CSR Crisis in Emerging Markets," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(4), pages 655-674, July.
- repec:pal:jintbs:v:48:y:2017:i:8:d:10.1057_s41267-017-0104-x is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscorporate social responsibility; multinational corporation; emerging markets; transitional economy; China; institutional environment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:86:y:2009:i:2:p:171-189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.