Keeping at Arm’s Length or Searching for Social Proximity? Corporate Social Responsibility as a Reciprocal Process Between Small Businesses and the Local Community
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maureen Kilkenny & Laura Nalbarte & Terry Besser, 1999.
"Reciprocated community support and small town - small business success,"
Entrepreneurship & Regional Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 231-246, July.
- Kilkenny, Maureen & Nalbarte, Laura & Besser, Terry, 1999. "Reciprocated Community Support and Small Town-Small Business Success," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1643, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mark Granovetter, 2005. "The Impact of Social Structure on Economic Outcomes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 33-50, Winter.
- Jan Lepoutre & AimÃ© Heene, 2006. "Investigating the Impact of Firm Size on Small Business Social Responsibility: A Critical Review," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 257-273.
- Jan Lepoutre & AimÃ© Heene, 2006.
"Investigating the Impact of Firm Size on Small Business Social Responsibility: A Critical Review,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, pages 257-273.
- J. Lepoutre & A. Heene, 2006. "Investigating the Impact of Firm Size on Small Business Social Responsibility: a Critical Review," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/396, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Besser, Terry L. & Miller, Nancy, 2001. "Is the good corporation dead? the community social responsibility of small business operators," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 221-241, May.
- Andr Torre Shaw & Jean-Pierre Gilly, 2000. "On the Analytical Dimension of Proximity Dynamics," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 169-180.
- Francesco Perrini, 2006. "SMEs and CSR Theory: Evidence and Implications from an Italian Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 305-316.
- Francesco Perrini & Angeloantonio Russo & Antonio Tencati, 2007. "CSR Strategies of SMEs and Large Firms. Evidence from Italy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 285-300.
- Jeffrey S. Boggs & Norma M. Rantisi, 2003. "The 'relational turn' in economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 109-116, April.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- Ray Hudson, 2003. "Fuzzy Concepts and Sloppy Thinking: Reflections on Recent Developments in Critical Regional Studies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6-7), pages 741-746.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Javier Martínez-del-Río & José Céspedes-Lorente, 2014. "Competitiveness and Legitimation: The Logic of Companies going Green in Geographical Clusters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 120(1), pages 131-146, March.
- Elizabeth Chell & Laura J. Spence & Francesco Perrini & Jared D. Harris, 2016. "Social Entrepreneurship and Business Ethics: Does Social Equal Ethical?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 619-625.
- Rune Dahl Fitjar & Martin Gjelsvik, 2017. "Why do firms collaborate with local universities?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1732, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Dec 2017.
- Marjo Siltaoja & Merja Lähdesmäki, 2015. "From Rationality to Emotionally Embedded Relations: Envy as a Signal of Power in Stakeholder Relations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 128(4), pages 837-850, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSmall business; Corporate social responsibility; Locality; Local community; Reciprocity; Embeddedness; Social proximity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:108:y:2012:i:4:p:481-493. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .