Any regulation of risk increases risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nadine Gatzert & Hato Schmeiser, 2011. "On the risk situation of financial conglomerates: does diversification matter?," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 25(1), pages 3-26, March.
- Kaplanski, Guy & Levy, Haim, 2007. "Basel's value-at-risk capital requirement regulation: An efficiency analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1887-1906, June.
- Vasso P. Ioannidou, 2005.
"The impact of explicit deposit insurance on market discipline,"
992, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Vasso Ioannidou & Jan de Dreu, 2006. "The Impact of Explicit Deposit Insurance on Market Discipline," DNB Working Papers 089, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Ioannidou, V. & de Dreu, J., 2006. "The Impact of Explicit Deposit Insurance on Market Discipline," Discussion Paper 2006-5, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Oliver Hermsen, 2010. "The impact of the choice of VaR models on the level of regulatory capital according to Basel II," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(10), pages 1215-1224.
- Brian K. Bucks & Arthur B. Kennickell & Traci L. Mach & Kevin B. Moore, 2009. "Changes in U.S. family finances from 2004 to 2007: evidence from the Survey of Consumer Finances," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), vol. 95(2).
- Calem, Paul & Rob, Rafael, 1999. "The Impact of Capital-Based Regulation on Bank Risk-Taking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 317-352, October.
- Merton, Robert C., 1980.
"On estimating the expected return on the market : An exploratory investigation,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 323-361, December.
- Robert C. Merton, 1980. "On Estimating the Expected Return on the Market: An Exploratory Investigation," NBER Working Papers 0444, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony Saunders & Ingo Walter, 2012. "Financial architecture, systemic risk, and universal banking," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 26(1), pages 39-59, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philip Z. MAYMIN, 2018. "The Conventional Past, Behavioral Present, and Algorithmic Future of Risk and Finance," Finante - provocarile viitorului (Finance - Challenges of the Future), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(20), pages 74-84, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Philip Z. Maymin & Zakhar G. Maymin, 2010. "Any Regulation of Risk Increases Risk," Papers 1004.1670, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2012.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Oleksandr Talavera, 2010.
"On the sensitivity of firms' investment to cash flow and uncertainty,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 286-306, April.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & Oleksandr Talavera, 2006. "On the Sensitivity of Firms' Investment to Cash Flow and Uncertainty," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 638, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 26 Apr 2008.
- Muhinyuza, Stanislas & Bodnar, Taras & Lindholm, Mathias, 2020. "A test on the location of the tangency portfolio on the set of feasible portfolios," Applied Mathematics and Computation, Elsevier, vol. 386(C).
- Hartwell, Christopher A., 2014. "The impact of institutional volatility on financial volatility in transition economies : a GARCH family approach," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2014, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Koutmos, Dimitrios, 2012. "An intertemporal capital asset pricing model with heterogeneous expectations," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 1176-1187.
- Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Michail S. Koubouros, 2011.
"The Role of Realised Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange,"
Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 15(1-2), pages 87-124, March - J.
- Dimitrios Thomakos & Michail Koubouros, 2008. "The Role of Realized Volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange," Working Papers 0020, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Candelon, B. & Hurlin, C. & Tokpavi, S., 2012.
"Sampling error and double shrinkage estimation of minimum variance portfolios,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 511-527.
- Candelon, B. & Hurlin, C. & Tokpavi, S., 2011. "Sampling error and double shrinkage estimation of minimum variance portfolios," Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Bertrand Candelon & Christophe Hurlin & Sessi Tokpavi, 2012. "Sampling Error and Double Shrinkage Estimation of Minimum Variance Portfolios," Post-Print hal-01385835, HAL.
- Chiang, Thomas C., 2019. "Empirical analysis of intertemporal relations between downside risks and expected returns—Evidence from Asian markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 264-278.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Fusari, Nicola & Mira, Antonietta & Sala, Carlo, 2020. "Option market trading activity and the estimation of the pricing kernel: A Bayesian approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 216(2), pages 430-449.
- Boon, L.N. & Brière, M. & Rigot, S., 2018. "Regulation and pension fund risk-taking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 23-41.
- Campbell, John Y & Kim, Sangjoon & Lettau, Martin, 1998.
"Dispersion and Volatility in Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1923, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John Y. Campbell & Martin Lettau, 1999. "Dispersion and Volatility in Stock Returns: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 7144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen, Jian & Jiang, Fuwei & Liu, Yangshu & Tu, Jun, 2017. "International volatility risk and Chinese stock return predictability," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 183-203.
- Mishra, Anil V., 2016.
"Foreign bias in Australian-domiciled mutual fund holdings,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 101-123.
- Mishra, Anil V, 2015. "Foreign Bias in Australian Domiciled Mutual Fund Holdings," MPRA Paper 63376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew F. Siegel & Artemiza Woodgate, 2007. "Performance of Portfolios Optimized with Estimation Error," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(6), pages 1005-1015, June.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy, 2002. "Nonlinear Features of Realized FX Volatility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(4), pages 668-681, November.
- Barndorff-Nielsen, Ole E. & Graversen, Svend Erik & Jacod, Jean & Shephard, Neil, 2006.
"Limit Theorems For Bipower Variation In Financial Econometrics,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(4), pages 677-719, August.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Sven Erik Graversen & Jean Jacod & Neil Shephard, 2005. "Limit theorems for bipower variation in financial econometrics," Economics Papers 2005-W06, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Sven Erik Graversen & Jean Jacod & Neil Shephard, 2005. "Limit theorems for bipower variation in financial econometrics," OFRC Working Papers Series 2005fe09, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- P. Kearns & A.R. Pagan, 1993. "Australian Stock Market Volatility: 1875–1987," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(2), pages 163-178, June.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Nielsen, Morten Ørregaard & Zhu, Jie, 2015.
"The impact of financial crises on the risk–return tradeoff and the leverage effect,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 407-418.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Jie Zhu & Morten Ã˜. Nielsen, 2012. "The Impact Of Financial Crises On The Risk-return Tradeoff And The Leverage Effect," Working Paper 1295, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen & Jie Zhu, 2012. "The impact of financial crises on the risk-return tradeoff and the leverage effect," CREATES Research Papers 2012-19, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Vaughn Gambeta & Roy Kwon, 2020. "Risk Return Trade-Off in Relaxed Risk Parity Portfolio Optimization," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(10), pages 1-28, October.
- Seyoung Park & Eun Ryung Lee & Sungchul Lee & Geonwoo Kim, 2019. "Dantzig Type Optimization Method with Applications to Portfolio Selection," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-32, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRegulation; Crisis; Risk management; Value-at-risk; Risk; Basel; G18; G21; G28; G38;
All these keywords.
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:fmktpm:v:26:y:2012:i:3:p:299-313. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.