Environmental Policy, Tax Incidence, and the Cost of Public Funds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bovenberg, A Lans & van der Ploeg, Frederick, 1994. " Green Policies and Public Finance in a Small Open Economy," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(3), pages 343-363.
- Lee, Dwight R. & Misiolek, Walter S., 1986. "Substituting pollution taxation for general taxation: Some implications for efficiency in pollutions taxation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 338-347, December.
- Terkla, David, 1984. "The efficiency value of effluent tax revenues," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 107-123, June.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 1985. "The theory of excess burden and optimal taxation," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 61-127 Elsevier.
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-948, July.
- Lawrence Goulder, 1995. "Environmental taxation and the double dividend: A reader's guide," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 2(2), pages 157-183, August.
- Charles L. Ballard & Don Fullerton, 1992.
"Distortionary Taxes and the Provision of Public Goods,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 117-131, Summer.
- Charles L. Ballard & Don Fullerton, 1990. "Distortionary Taxes and the Provision of Public Goods," NBER Working Papers 3506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thorsten Bayındır-Upmann, 2004. "On the Double Dividend under Imperfect Competition," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(2), pages 169-194, June.
- : Eduardo L. Giménez (a) & Miguel Rodríguez, "undated".
"Pigou’S Dividend Versus Ramsey’S Dividend In The Double Dividend Literature,"
2-06 Classification-JEL :, Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Miguel Rodríguez & Eduardo L. Giménez, 2006. "Pigou’s Dividend versus Ramsey’s Dividend in the Double Dividend Literature," Working Papers 2006.85, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Eduardo L. Giménez Fernández & Miguel Rodríguez Méndez, 2006. "Pigou's Dividend versus Ramsey's Dividend in the Double Dividend Literature," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2006/08, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Bayindir-Upmann, Thorsten & Raith, Matthias G., 2003. "Should high-tax countries pursue revenue-neutral ecological tax reforms?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 41-60, February.
- Jacobs, Bas & de Mooij, Ruud A., 2015.
"Pigou meets Mirrlees: On the irrelevance of tax distortions for the second-best Pigouvian tax,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 90-108.
- Bas Jacobs & Ruud A. de Mooij, 2011. "Pigou Meets Mirrlees: On the Irrelevance of Tax Distortions for the Second-Best Pigouvian Tax," CESifo Working Paper Series 3342, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00492178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Kronenberg, 2010. "Energy conservation, unemployment and the direction of technical change," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, April.
- Brian Murray & Andrew Keeler & Walter Thurman, 2005. "Tax Interaction Effects, Environmental Regulation, and “Rule of Thumb” Adjustments to Social Cost," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 30(1), pages 73-92, January.
- Kiula, Olga & Markandya, Anil & Ščasný, Milan & Menkyna Tsuchimoto, Fusako, 2014. "The Economic and Environmental Effects of Taxing Air Pollutants and CO2: Lessons from a Study of the Czech Republic," MPRA Paper 66599, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2015.
More about this item
Keywordscost of public funds; double dividend; environmental externalities; pollution; public abatement; optimal taxation; public goods; tax incidence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:13:y:1999:i:2:p:187-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .