Exports and productivity of Russian firms: in search of causality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sofronis K. Clerides & Saul Lach & James R. Tybout, 1998.
"Is Learning by Exporting Important? Micro-Dynamic Evidence from Colombia, Mexico, and Morocco,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 903-947.
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, "undated". "Is "Learning-by-Exporting" Important? Micro-dynamic Evidence from Colombia, Mexico, and Morocco," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, 1996. "Is "Learning-by-Exporting" Important? Micro-Dynamic Evidence from Colombia, Mexico and Morocco," NBER Working Papers 5715, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sofronis Clerides & Saul Lach & James Tybout, 1996. "Is "learning-by-exporting" important? Micro-dynamic evidence from Colombia, Mexico and Morocco," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-30, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Elhanan Helpman & Marc J. Melitz & Stephen R. Yeaple, 2004. "Export Versus FDI with Heterogeneous Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 300-316, March.
- David Roodman, 2003. "XTABOND2: Stata module to extend xtabond dynamic panel data estimator," Statistical Software Components S435901, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2015.
- Ghosal, Vivek, 2002.
"Impact of Uncertainty and Sunk Costs on Firm Survival and Industry Dynamics,"
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002
86, Royal Economic Society.
- Vivek Ghosal, 2003. "Impact of Uncertainty and Sunk Costs on Firm Survival and Industry Dynamics," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-12, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Andrew B. Bernard, 2004. "Exporting and Productivity in the USA," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 343-357, Autumn.
- Roberto Alvarez & Ricardo López, 2005. "Exporting and performance: evidence from Chilean plants," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1384-1400, November.
- Sourafel Girma & David Greenaway & Richard Kneller, 2004. "Does Exporting Increase Productivity? A Microeconometric Analysis of Matched Firms," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(5), pages 855-866, November.
- Joze P. Damijan & Saso Polanec & Janez Prasnikar, 2004. "Self-selection, Export Market Heterogeneity and Productivity Improvements: Firm Level Evidence from Slovenia," LICOS Discussion Papers 14804, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Roberts, Mark J & Tybout, James R, 1997. "The Decision to Export in Colombia: An Empirical Model of Entry with Sunk Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 545-564, September.
- Blalock, Garrick & Gertler, Paul J., 2004. "Learning from exporting revisited in a less developed setting," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 397-416, December.
- Bo E. Honoré & Ekaterini Kyriazidou, 2000. "Panel Data Discrete Choice Models with Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 839-874, July.
- Rudiger Ahrend, 2004. "Accounting for Russia's Post-Crisis Growth," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 404, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tabrizy, Saleh S. & Trofimenko, Natalia, 2010. "Scope for export-led growth in a large emerging economy: Is India learning by exporting?," Kiel Working Papers 1633, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Martijn Boermans & Hein Roelfsema, 2015.
"The Effects of Internationalization on Innovation: Firm-Level Evidence for Transition Economies,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 333-350, April.
- M.A. Boermans & H.J. Roelfsema, 2012. "The Effects of Internationalization on Innovation: Firm-Level Evidence for Transition Economies," Working Papers 12-04, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Victoria Golikova & Ksenia Gonchar & Boris Kuznetsov, 2011. "Entry into Export Markets as an Incentive to Innovate. Evidence from the Russian Manufacturing Industry Survey," HSE Working papers WP BRP 11/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Diana Alexandra Gonçalves Costa & Ana Teresa Cunha de Pinho Tavares Lehmann, 2015. "Performance Differences between Exporters and Non-Exporters: the Case of Portugal," FEP Working Papers 569, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Joachim Wagner, 2012.
"International trade and firm performance: a survey of empirical studies since 2006,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 148(2), pages 235-267, June.
- Joachim Wagner, 2011. "International Trade and Firm Performance: A Survey of Empirical Studies since 2006," Working Paper Series in Economics 210, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2011. "International Trade and Firm Performance: A Survey of Empirical Studies since 2006," IZA Discussion Papers 5916, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- N. Krasnopeeva & E. Nazrullaeva & A. Peresetsky & E. Shchetinin., 2016. "To export or not to export? The link between the exporter status of a firm and its technical efficiency in Russia’s manufacturing sector," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 7.
- Arkhipova, Marina & Aleksandrova, Elena, 2014. "Study of the relationship between innovation and export activity of Russian firms," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 36(4), pages 88-101.
More about this item
KeywordsExports; Productivity; Learning-by-exporting; Russia; D24; F14;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:40:y:2007:i:4:p:361-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.