An Efficient Stochastic Simulation Algorithm for Bayesian Unit Root Testing in Stochastic Volatility Models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F, 1993. "Common Persistence in Conditional Variances," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 167-186, January.
- Sturtz, Sibylle & Ligges, Uwe & Gelman, Andrew, 2005. "R2WinBUGS: A Package for Running WinBUGS from R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 12(i03).
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998.
"Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- Sangjoon Kim, Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, "undated". "Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models," Economics Papers W26, revised version of W, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard, 1994. "Stochastic volatility: likelihood inference and comparison with ARCH models," Economics Papers 3., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1996. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference And Comparison With Arch Models," Econometrics 9610002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Chib S. & Jeliazkov I., 2001. "Marginal Likelihood From the Metropolis-Hastings Output," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 270-281, March.
- Shephard, Neil (ed.), 2005. "Stochastic Volatility: Selected Readings," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199257201.
- Chou, Ray Yeutien, 1988. "Volatility Persistence and Stock Valuations: Some Empirical Evidence Using Garch," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(4), pages 279-294, October-D.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jinyan Zhan & Fan Zhang & Siqi Jia & Xi Chu & Yifan Li, 2018. "Spatial Pattern of Regional Urbanization Efficiency: An Empirical Study of Shanghai," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 52(4), pages 1277-1291, December.
- Jin-Yu Zhang & Yong Li & Zhu-Ming Chen, 2013. "Unit Root Hypothesis in the Presence of Stochastic Volatility, a Bayesian Analysis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 41(1), pages 89-100, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yong Li & Jun Yu, 2019. "An Improved Bayesian Unit Root Test in Stochastic Volatility Models," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 20(1), pages 103-122, May.
- Francis X. Diebold & Jose A. Lopez, 1995. "Measuring Volatility Dynamics," NBER Technical Working Papers 0173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:zbw:cfswop:wp200508 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jouchi Nakajima, 2008. "EGARCH and Stochastic Volatility: Modeling Jumps and Heavy-tails for Stock Returns," IMES Discussion Paper Series 08-E-23, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Shirota, Shinichiro & Hizu, Takayuki & Omori, Yasuhiro, 2014.
"Realized stochastic volatility with leverage and long memory,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 618-641.
- Shinichiro Shirota & Takayuki Hizu & Yasuhiro Omori, 2012. "Realized stochastic volatility with leverage and long memory," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-869, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Shinichiro Shirota & Takayuki Hizu & Yasuhiro Omori, 2013. "Realized Stochastic Volatility with Leverage and Long Memory," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-880, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2005.
PIER Working Paper Archive
05-011, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2005. "Volatility Forecasting," NBER Working Papers 11188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Christoffersen, Peter F. & Diebold, Francis X., 2005. "Volatility forecasting," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/08, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Peter F. Christoffersen & Francis X. Diebold, 2005. "Volatility Forecasting," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/08, Center for Financial Studies.
- Lengua Lafosse, Patricia & Rodríguez, Gabriel, 2018. "An empirical application of a stochastic volatility model with GH skew Student's t-distribution to the volatility of Latin-American stock returns," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 155-173.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F. & Nelson, Daniel B., 1986. "Arch models," Handbook of Econometrics, in: R. F. Engle & D. McFadden (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 49, pages 2959-3038, Elsevier.
- Omori, Yasuhiro & Chib, Siddhartha & Shephard, Neil & Nakajima, Jouchi, 2007. "Stochastic volatility with leverage: Fast and efficient likelihood inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 425-449, October.
- Yong Li & Jun Yu, 2010.
"A New Bayesian Unit Root Test in Stochastic Volatility Models,"
21-2010, Singapore Management University, School of Economics, revised Oct 2010.
- Yong Li & Jun Yu, 2012. "A New Bayesian Unit Root Test in Stochastic Volatility Models," Working Papers 14-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Ole Mikkelsen, Hans, 1996.
"Modeling and pricing long memory in stock market volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 151-184, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Bollerslev-Mikkelson(1996) FIEGARCH models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00173, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Vo, Minh T., 2009. "Regime-switching stochastic volatility: Evidence from the crude oil market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 779-788, September.
- M. D. Racine & Lucy F. Ackert, 2000.
"Time-Varying Volatility In Canadian And U.S. Stock Index And Index Futures Markets: A Multivariate Analysis,"
Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 129-143, June.
- Lucy F. Ackert & Marie D. Racine, 1998. "Time-varying volatility in Canadian and U.S. stock index and index futures markets: A multivariate analysis," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Patricia Lengua & Cristian Bayes & Gabriel Rodríguez, 2015. "A Stochastic Volatility Model with GH Skew Student’s t-Distribution: Application to Latin-American Stock Returns," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2015-405, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Malliaropulos, Dimitrios, 1997. "A multivariate GARCH model of risk premia in foreign exchange markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 61-79, January.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 1999.
"The Distribution of Exchange Rate Volatility,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
99-059, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 1999. "The Distribution of Exchange Rate Volatility," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-08, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Torben Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 1999. "The Distribution of Exchange Rate Volatility," NBER Working Papers 6961, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sofia Anyfantaki & Antonis Demos, 2016.
"Estimation and Properties of a Time-Varying EGARCH(1,1) in Mean Model,"
Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 293-310, February.
- Sofia Anyfantaki & Antonis Demos, 2012. "Estimation and Properties of a Time-Varying EGARCH(1,1) in Mean Model," DEOS Working Papers 1228, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Daiki Maki, 2015. "Wild bootstrap tests for unit root in ESTAR models," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 24(3), pages 475-490, September.
- Audrone Virbickaite & M. Concepción Ausín & Pedro Galeano, 2015. "Bayesian Inference Methods For Univariate And Multivariate Garch Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 76-96, February.
- Sabur Mollah & Asma Mobarek, 2009. "Market volatility across countries – evidence from international markets," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 257-274, October.
- Jiang, George J., 1998. "Jump-diffusion model of exchange rate dynamics : estimation via indirect inference," Research Report 98A40, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial times series; Stochastic volatility models; Unit root testing; Bayes factor; Path sampling;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:37:y:2011:i:3:p:237-248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.