Unit Root Hypothesis in the Presence of Stochastic Volatility, a Bayesian Analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yong Li & Zhongxin Ni & Jie Zhang, 2011. "An Efficient Stochastic Simulation Algorithm for Bayesian Unit Root Testing in Stochastic Volatility Models," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 237-248, March.
- Phillips, P C B, 1991.
"Bayesian Routes and Unit Roots: De Rebus Prioribus Semper Est Disputandum,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 435-473, Oct.-Dec..
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1991. "Bayesian Routes and Unit Roots: de rebus prioribus semper est disputandum," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 986, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kim, Kiwhan & Schmidt, Peter, 1993. "Unit root tests with conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 287-300, October.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- So, Mike K P & Li, W K, 1999. "Bayesian Unit-Root Testing in Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 491-496, October.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Chung, Hyung-Jin & Sorensen, Bent E., 1999. "Efficient method of moments estimation of a stochastic volatility model: A Monte Carlo study," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 61-87, July.
- Ling, Shiqing & Li, W.K., 2003. "Asymptotic Inference For Unit Root Processes With Garch(1,1) Errors," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 541-564, August.
- Renate Meyer & Jun Yu, 2000.
"BUGS for a Bayesian analysis of stochastic volatility models,"
Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 198-215.
- Meyer, Renate & Yu, Jun, 2000. "BUGS for a Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Working Papers 206, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Li, Yong & Yu, Jun, 2012.
"Bayesian hypothesis testing in latent variable models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 237-246.
- Yong Li & Jun Yu, 2011. "Bayesian Hypothesis Testing in Latent Variable Models," Working Papers 11-2011, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Berg, Andreas & Meyer, Renate & Yu, Jun, 2004. "Deviance Information Criterion for Comparing Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 22(1), pages 107-120, January.
- Stephen J. Taylor, 1994. "Modeling Stochastic Volatility: A Review And Comparative Study," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 183-204, April.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Sangyeol Lee & Shu-Yu Chen, 2016. "Local non-stationarity test in mean for Markov switching GARCH models: an approximate Bayesian approach," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Pan, Qi & Li, Yong, 2013. "Testing volatility persistence on Markov switching stochastic volatility models," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 45-50.
- Thomas Nanfeng Li & Agnès Tourin, 2016. "Optimal pairs trading with time-varying volatility," International Journal of Financial Engineering (IJFE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(03), pages 1-29, September.
- Xiao-Bin Liu & Yong Li, 2013. "Bayesian testing volatility persistence in stochastic volatility models with jumps," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 1415-1426, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Li, Yong & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Zhang, Jie, 2012. "Testing for a unit root in the presence of stochastic volatility and leverage effect," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 2035-2038.
- Yong Li & Jun Yu, 2019. "An Improved Bayesian Unit Root Test in Stochastic Volatility Models," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 20(1), pages 103-122, May.
- M. Hakan Eratalay, 2016.
"Estimation of Multivariate Stochastic Volatility Models: A Comparative Monte Carlo Study,"
International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 8(2), pages 19-52, September.
- Mustafa Hakan Eratalay, 2012. "Estimation of Multivariate Stochastic Volatility Models: A Comparative Monte Carlo Study," EUSP Department of Economics Working Paper Series 2012/04, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Yu, Jun & Yang, Zhenlin & Zhang, Xibin, 2006.
"A class of nonlinear stochastic volatility models and its implications for pricing currency options,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2218-2231, December.
- Jun Yu & Zhenlin Yang & Xibin Zhang, 2002. "A Class of Nonlinear Stochastic Volatility Models and Its Implications on Pricing Currency Options," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 17/02, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- P. Girardello & Orietta Nicolis & Giovanni Tondini, 2002. "Comparing conditional variance models: Theory and empirical evidence," Departmental Working Papers 2002-08, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- António Alberto Santos, 2015. "The evolution of the Volatility in Financial Returns: Realized Volatility vs Stochastic Volatility Measures," GEMF Working Papers 2015-10, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Paolo Girardello & Orietta Nicolis & Giovanni Tondini, 2003. "Comparing Conditional Variance Models: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 7(3-4), pages 177-206, September.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Liu, Ruipeng & Westerlund, Joakim, 2016. "A GARCH model for testing market efficiency," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 121-138.
- Roman Liesenfeld & Robert C. Jung, 2000.
"Stochastic volatility models: conditional normality versus heavy-tailed distributions,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 137-160.
- Liesenfeld, Roman & Jung, Robert C., 1997. "Stochastic volatility models: Conditional normality versus heavy tailed distributions," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 103, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Berument, M. Hakan & Yalcin, Yeliz & Yildirim, Julide, 2012. "Inflation and inflation uncertainty: A dynamic framework," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(20), pages 4816-4826.
- Patricia Lengua & Cristian Bayes & Gabriel Rodríguez, 2015. "A Stochastic Volatility Model with GH Skew Student’s t-Distribution: Application to Latin-American Stock Returns," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2015-405, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Pop, Raluca Elena, 2012. "Herd behavior towards the market index: evidence from Romanian stock exchange," MPRA Paper 51595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lengua Lafosse, Patricia & Rodríguez, Gabriel, 2018. "An empirical application of a stochastic volatility model with GH skew Student's t-distribution to the volatility of Latin-American stock returns," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 155-173.
- Yong Li & Jun Yu, 2010.
"A New Bayesian Unit Root Test in Stochastic Volatility Models,"
21-2010, Singapore Management University, School of Economics, revised Oct 2010.
- Yong Li & Jun Yu, 2012. "A New Bayesian Unit Root Test in Stochastic Volatility Models," Working Papers 14-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Jin-Yu Zhang & Zhong-Tian Chen & Yong Li, 2019. "Bayesian Testing for Leverage Effect in Stochastic Volatility Models," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 53(3), pages 1153-1164, March.
- Ho, Hwai-Chung, 2015. "Sample quantile analysis for long-memory stochastic volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 189(2), pages 360-370.
- W. K. Li & Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "A Survey of Recent Theoretical Results for Time Series Models with GARCH Errors," ISER Discussion Paper 0545, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- E. Ramos-P'erez & P. J. Alonso-Gonz'alez & J. J. N'u~nez-Vel'azquez, 2020. "Forecasting volatility with a stacked model based on a hybridized Artificial Neural Network," Papers 2006.16383, arXiv.org, revised Aug 2020.
- Oscar Andrés Espinosa Acuña & Paola Andrea Vaca González, 2017. "Ajuste de modelos garch clásico y bayesiano con innovaciones t—student para el índice COLCAP," Revista de Economía del Caribe 017172, Universidad del Norte.
- Bontemps, Christian & Meddahi, Nour, 2005.
"Testing normality: a GMM approach,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 149-186, January.
- BONTEMPS, Christian & MEDDAHI, Nour, 2002. "Testing Normality : A GMM Approach," Cahiers de recherche 2002-14, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Christian Bontemps & Nour Meddahi, 2005. "Testing normality: a GMM approach," Post-Print hal-02875105, HAL.
- Christian Bontemps & Nour Meddahi, 2002. "Testing Normality: A GMM Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-63, CIRANO.
- Christian BONTEMPS & Nour MEDDAHI, 2002. "Testing Normality : A Gmm Approach," Cahiers de recherche 14-2002, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
More about this item
KeywordsBayes factor; Dickey–Fuller test; Unit root; Stochastic volatility; Nonstationary;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:41:y:2013:i:1:p:89-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.