Validating Simulation Models: A General Framework and Four Applied Examples
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/10614/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Matteo Richiardi & Roberto Leombruni & Nicole J. Saam & Michele Sonnessa, 2006.
"A Common Protocol for Agent-Based Social Simulation,"
Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation,
Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 9(1), pages 1-15.
- Roberto Leombruni & Matteo Richiardi & Nicole J. Saam & Michele Sonnessa, 2005. "A Common Protocol for Agent-Based Social Simulation," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 47, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Leombruni, Roberto & Richiardi, Matteo, 2005. "Why are economists sceptical about agent-based simulations?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 355(1), pages 103-109.
- David F. Midgley & Robert E. Marks & Lee C. Cooper, 1997. "Breeding Competitive Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(3), pages 257-275, March.
- David F. Midgley & Robert E. Marks & Lee G. Cooper, 1995. "Breeding Competitive Strategies," Working Papers 95-06-052, Santa Fe Institute.
- Marks, R E, 1992. "Breeding Hybrid Strategies: Optimal Behaviour for Oligopolists," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 17-38, March.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-493, May.
- Judd, Kenneth L., 2006. "Computationally Intensive Analyses in Economics," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 881-893 Elsevier.
- Thomas Brenner & Claudia Werker, 2006. "A Practical Guide to Inference in Simulation Models," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2006-02, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Marks, Robert, 2006. "Market Design Using Agent-Based Models," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 27, pages 1339-1380 Elsevier.
- Luke Froeb & Daniel Hosken & Janis Pappalardo, 2004. "Economics Research at the FTC: Information, Retrospectives, and Retailing," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 25(4), pages 353-374, October.
- Schelling, Thomas C., 2006. "Some Fun, Thirty-Five Years Ago," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 37, pages 1639-1644 Elsevier.
- Robert Axtell & Robert Axelrod & Joshua M. Epstein & Michael D. Cohen, 1995. "Aligning Simulation Models: A Case Study and Results," Working Papers 95-07-065, Santa Fe Institute.
- Midgley, David & Marks, Robert & Kunchamwar, Dinesh, 2007. "Building and assurance of agent-based models: An example and challenge to the field," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 884-893, August.
- Giorgio Fagiolo & Paul Windrum & Alessio Moneta, 2006. "Empirical Validation of Agent Based Models: A Critical Survey," LEM Papers Series 2006/14, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Malerba, Franco, et al, 1999. "'History-Friendly' Models of Industry Evolution: The Computer Industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 3-40, March.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2005. "Complexity and Empirical Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(504), pages 225-243, 06.
- Durlauf,S.N., 2003. "Complexity and emperical economics," Working papers 2, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Arthur, W. Brian, 2006. "Out-of-Equilibrium Economics and Agent-Based Modeling," Handbook of Computational Economics,in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 32, pages 1551-1564 Elsevier. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)