The ERM II issues: An interpretation of the Slovenian approach
This paper overviews the joint strategy of the Bank of Slovenia and of the Government of Slovenian for the policy management in the Exchange Rate Mechanism II (ERM II) and the eventual adoption of the euro. The current prospects of the Slovenian economy are favorable for early entry into ERM II so that the currency union can be acceded as soon as possible. The ERM II-connected risks, in particular an asymmetric credit financed demand boom, require a new policy mix to be set in place. While the monetary policy will focus on the tight management of the nominal exchange rate, the role of inflation restraint and shock absorption will rely on fiscal and income policies. Copyright International Atlantic Economic Society 2004
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Postal:Suite 650, International Tower, 229 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 965-1555
Fax: (404) 965-1556
Web page: http://www.iaes.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/11293/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka, 2003.
"Similarity of supply and demand shocks between the euro area and the CEECs,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 313-334, September.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Iikka Korhonen, 2003. "Similarity of Supply and Demand Shocks Between the Euro Area and the CEECs," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 77, Royal Economic Society.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "Estimating the Effect of Currency Unions on Trade and Output," NBER Working Papers 7857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zenon Kontolemis, 2003. "Exchange rates are a matter of common concern: policies in the run-up to the euro?," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 191, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Peter Backé & Christian Thimann & Olga Arratibel & Oscar Calvo-Gonzalez & Arnaud Mehl & Carolin Nerlich, 2004. "The acceding countries’ strategies towards ERM II and the adoption of the euro - an analytical review," Occasional Paper Series 10, European Central Bank.
- Michael Frenkel & Christiane Nickel, 2002. "How Symmetric Are the Shocks and the Shock Adjustment Dynamics Between the Euro Area and Central and Eastern European Countries?," IMF Working Papers 02/222, International Monetary Fund.
- John Williamson, 1994. "Estimating Equilibrium Exchange Rates," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 17, November.
- Padoa-Schioppa, Tommaso, 2003. "Trajectories towards the Euro and the Role of ERM II," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 129-144, Spring. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)