Evidence from Tax-Exempt Firms on Motives for Participating in Sale-Leaseback Agreements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lynn M. Fisher, 2004. "The Wealth Effects of Sale and Leasebacks: New Evidence," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 619-643, December.
- Allen, Paul R. & Sirmans, C. F., 1987. "An analysis of gains to acquiring firm's shareholders : The special case of REITs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 175-184, March.
- Mann, Steven V & Sicherman, Neil W, 1991. "The Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow: Acquisition Activity and Equity Issues," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(2), pages 213-227, April.
- Lee, D Scott, 1992. " Management Buyout Proposals and Inside Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1061-1079, July.
- M.Ameziane Lasfer & Mario Levis, 1998. "The Determinants of the Leasing Decision of Small and Large Companies," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 4(2), pages 159-184.
- William G. Hardin, III & Marvin L. Wolverton, 1999. "Equity REIT Property Acquisitions: Do Apartment REITs Pay a Premium?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 17(1), pages 113-126.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Peter Linneman, 2001. "Reit Organizational Structure and Operating Characteristics," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 21(3), pages 141-162.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Lewellen, Wilbur G & Long, Michael S & McConnell, John J, 1976. "Asset Leasing in Competitive Capital Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 787-798, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Chan, Su Han & Erickson, John & Wang, Ko, 2002. "Real Estate Investment Trusts: Structure: Structure, Performance, and Investment Opportunities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195155341, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v:6:y:1968:i:2:p:159-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ezzell, John R. & Vora, Premal P., 2001. "Leasing versus purchasing: Direct evidence on a corporation's motivations for leasing and consequences of leasing," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 33-47.
- Slovin, Myron B & Sushka, Marie E & Polonchek, John A, 1990. " Corporate Sale-and-Leasebacks and Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 289-299, March.
- Myers, Stewart C & Dill, David A & Bautista, Alberto J, 1976. "Valuation of Financial Lease Contracts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(3), pages 799-819, June.
- Jaime R. Alvayay & Ronald C. Rutherford & William S. Smith, 1995. "Tax Rules and the Sale and Leaseback of Corporate Real Estate," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 23(2), pages 207-238.
- Marcus T. Allen & Ronald C. Rutherford & Thomas M. Springer, 1993. "The Wealth Effects of Corporate Real Estate Leasing," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 8(4), pages 567-578.
- James R. Webb & Willard McIntosh, 1986. "Real Estate Investment Acquisition Rules for REITs: A Survey," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 1(1), pages 77-98.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schallheim, James & Wells, Kyle & Whitby, Ryan J., 2013. "Do leases expand debt capacity?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 368-381.
- Noriko Ashiya, 2015. "Determinants of Potential Seller/Lessee Benefits in Sale¡VLeaseback Transactions," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(1), pages 89-112.
- Anna Białek-Jaworska & Aneta Dzik-Walczak & Natalia Nehrebecka, 2015. "Kiedy firmy sięgają po leasing?," Gospodarka Narodowa, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 2, pages 113-144.
- Yishuang Xu & Chung Yim Yiu, 2017. "The Impacts of Tax Reforms on REITs. An International Empirical Study," Academic Journal of Economic Studies, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 3(1), pages 11-22, March.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:28:n:4:2006:p:381-410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.