Valuation of Property Surrounding a Resort Community
This article uses hedonic modeling for valuation of real estate located near Jackson, Wyoming and agricultural property throughout the remainder of Wyoming. The attributes of the hedonic model used to value resort properties are compared with attributes of the model used to value agricultural properties. It is observed that attributes affecting the value of resort property are significantly different from attributes affecting the value of agricultural property. Resort properties, even though classified as agricultural, derive their values from scenic amenities, existence of streams, vegetation and relative location. Alternatively, agricultural lands throughout the remainder of Wyoming derive value from a combination of productive and nonproductive attributes.
Volume (Year): 17 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter F. Colwell & Henry J. Munneke & Joseph W. Trefzger, 1998. "Chicago's Office Market: Price Indices, Location and Time," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 83-106.
- Wyckoff, J.B., 1977. "Allocation Problems Of Public Lands In The West," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 2, December.
- Ronald W. Spahr & Mark A. Sunderman, 1998. "Property Tax Inequities on Ranch and Farm Properties," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(3), pages 374-389.
- Torell, L. Allen & Doll, John P., 1991. "Public Land Policy And The Value Of Grazing Permits," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- John R. Winter & James K. Whittaker, 1981. "The Relationship between Private Ranchland Prices and Public-Land Grazing Permits," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 414-421.
- Ronald W. Spahr & Mark A. Sunderman, 1995. "Additional Evidence on the Homogeneity of the Value of Government Grazing Leases and Changing Attributes for Ranch Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(5), pages 601-616.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:17:n:2:1999:p:227-244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.