Verbreitung von Betriebsräten und ihr Einfluss auf die betriebliche Weiterbildung / Works Council Presence and Impact on Training of the Workforce
With the reform of the Works Constitution Act in 2001 legislation has tried to stop the erosion of the institution of codetermination by facilating the creation of works councils and expanding their rights. The present paper examines the development of the presence of codetermination with pooled regression models and the impact of works councils on the training of the workforce with matching methods. We used data from the waves 1996-2005 of the IAB Establsihment Panel. The results of our analyses show that establishments with works councils have both a higher incidence and coverage of training of the workforce. However, a significant effect of the reform of the Works Constitution Act cannot be detected empirically.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 226 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edwin Leuven & Hessel Oosterbeek, 2002.
"A New Approach to estimate the Wage Returns to Work-related Training,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
02-091/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Leuven, Edwin & Oosterbeek, Hessel, 2002. "A New Approach to Estimate the Wage Returns to Work-Related Training," IZA Discussion Papers 526, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Smith, Stephen C., 1991. "On the economic rationale for codetermination law," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 261-281, December.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2008.
"Some Practical Guidance For The Implementation Of Propensity Score Matching,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 31-72, 02.
- Marco Caliendo & Sabine Kopeinig, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 485, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Caliendo, Marco & Kopeinig, Sabine, 2005. "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1588, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Addison, John T & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2001. "Work Councils in Germany: Their Effects on Establishment Performance," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 659-694, October.
- Addison, John T. & Bellmann, Lutz & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2002.
"German Works Councils Old and New: Incidence, Coverage and Determinants,"
IZA Discussion Papers
495, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Addison, John T. & Bellmann, Lutz & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2002. "German works councils old and new: incidence, coverage and determinants," Discussion Papers 10, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Richard B. Freeman & Edward P. Lazear, 1994.
"An Economic Analysis of Works Councils,"
NBER Working Papers
4918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Addison, John T. & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2000. "Die mitbestimmungsfreie Zone aus ökonomischer Sicht," Discussion Papers 1, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2001. "Verbreitung und Bestimmungsgründe verschiedener Formen der Arbeitnehmerpartizipation in Industriebetrieben," Discussion Papers 5, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Addison, John T. & Bellmann, Lutz & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2002. "The reform of the German works constitution act: a critical assessment," Discussion Papers 16, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:226:y:2006:i:5:p:487-504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.