New Challenges For The South African Textile And Apparel Industries In The Global Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Simon Roberts & John T. Thoburn, 2004. "Globalization and the South African textiles industry: impacts on firms and workers," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 125-139.
- Wales, Terence J., 1977. "On the flexibility of flexible functional forms : An empirical approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 183-193, March.
- David Kaplan, 2004. "Manufacturing in South Africa over the last decade: a review of industrial performance and policy," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 623-644.
- Simon Roberts & John Thoburn, 2003. "Adjusting to Trade Liberalisation: The Case of Firms in the South African Textile Sector," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(1), pages 74-103, March.
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- Tybout, James R. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 1995. "Trade liberalization and the dimensions of efficiency change in Mexican manufacturing industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 53-78, August.
- Naudé, Wim & Rossouw, Riaan, 2008. "South African quotas on textile imports from China: A policy error?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 737-750.
- Lennart Petersson, 2003. "Production Fragmentation And Specialisation, With Special Reference To The Sadc Textile And Clothing Industry," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 71(4), pages 762-791, December.
- Denis Audet, 2007. "Smooth as Silk? A First Look at the Post MFA Textiles and Clothing Landscape," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 267-284, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth Africa; Textile Industry; Apparel Industry;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:35:y:2010:i:4:p:73-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.