Nafta¡¯S Impact On The Mexican Automotive Sector
The findings discussed here are the outcome of continuing research on the Mexican automotive industry and include data for several years during which the NAFTA was in effect. Key results include strong evidence of constant returns to scale in both the automotive industry as a whole as well as the vehicle assembly industry and a finding that the period after NAFTA was implemented has been associated with lower production costs. In addition, these data support the conclusion that capital, labor, and foreign intermediate goods are all substitutes for one another, as are capital and domestic intermediate goods, but that labor and domestic intermediate goods are complements. While evidence was found to suggest some increased responsiveness in domestic markets to both foreign and domestic input prices, other results give reason for concern about continuing market impediments in Mexico.
Volume (Year): 30 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.jed.or.kr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eakin, B Kelly & McMillen, Daniel P & Buono, Mark J, 1990. "Constructing Confidence Intervals Using the Bootstrap: An Application to a Multi-Product Cost Function," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 339-44, May.
- Burgess, David F., 1975. "Duality theory and pitfalls in the specification of technologies," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 105-121, May.
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521424592 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wales, Terence J., 1977. "On the flexibility of flexible functional forms : An empirical approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 183-193, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521341417 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:30:y:2005:i:2:p:155-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Changhui Kang)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.