The South Korean auto industry's path to maturity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, Yung Chul, 1990. "Development Lessons from Asia: The Role of Government in South Korea and Taiwan," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 118-121, May.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jamie & Corbo, Vittorio, 1991.
"The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : New evidence from Chile,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 231-250, November.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jaime & Corbo, Vittorio, 1990. "The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : new evidence from Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 481, The World Bank.
- Nicolas Péridy, 2003. "Exchange rate volatility, sectoral trade, and the aggregation bias," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 139(3), pages 389-418, September.
- Tybout, James R. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 1995. "Trade liberalization and the dimensions of efficiency change in Mexican manufacturing industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 53-78, August.
- Fuss,Melvyn A. & Waverman,Leonard, 1992. "Costs and Productivity in Automobile Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521341417.
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 2007. "A cost-based analysis of scale economies in the French auto industry," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 369-382.
- Kerkvliet, Joe & McMullen, B Starr, 1997. "The Impact of Unionization on Motor Carrier Costs," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(2), pages 271-284, April.
- Mountain, Dean C, 1986. "Economies of Scale versus Technological Change: An Aggregate Production Function for Switzerland," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 707-711, November.
- Lila Truett & Dale Truett, 2006. "Production and costs in the South African motor vehicle industry," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(20), pages 2381-2392.
- Westbrook, M Daniel & Tybout, James R, 1993. "Estimating Returns to Scale with Large, Imperfect Panels: An Application to Chilean Manufacturing Industries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 85-112, January.
- Guilkey, David K & Lovell, C A Knox & Sickles, Robin C, 1983. "A Comparison of the Performance of Three Flexible Functional Forms," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 591-616, October.
- Lila J. Truett & Dale B. Truett, 2008. "Insourcing, Outsourcing, and Unemployment in the Spanish Auto Industry," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 702-713, November.
- Burnside, Craig, 1996. "Production function regressions, returns to scale, and externalities," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 177-201, April.
- Berndt, Ernst R. & Christensen, Laurits R., 1973. "The translog function and the substitution of equipment, structures, and labor in U.S. manufacturing 1929-68," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 81-113, March.
- Eakin, B Kelly & McMillen, Daniel P & Buono, Mark J, 1990. "Constructing Confidence Intervals Using the Bootstrap: An Application to a Multi-Product Cost Function," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 339-344, May.
- Jordi Catalan, 2010. "Strategic policy revisited: The origins of mass production in the motor industry of Argentina, Korea and Spain, 1945-87," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(2), pages 207-230.
- Lee, DukHee & Jung, MiSuk, 2009. "Economic effects of trade patterns on productivity: Evidence from the Korean automobile industry," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 71-84, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Truett, Lila J. & Truett, Dale B., 2017. "The German motor vehicle industry: Costs and crisis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 49-55.
More about this item
KeywordsSouth Korea; Motor vehicle industry; Scale economies; Cost function;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:31:y:2014:i:c:p:86-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.