A cost-based analysis of scale economies in the French auto industry
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harrigan, James, 1994. "Scale Economies and the Volume of Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 321-28, May.
- Lila J. Truett & Dale B. Truett, 1996. "A Cost Function Analysis of the Australian Transportation Equipment Industry," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 29(4), pages 367-384.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-76, August.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Christensen, Laurits R, 1974. "Testing for the Existence of a Consistent Aggregate Index of Labor Inputs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 391-404, June.
- Nicolas Péridy, 2003. "Exchange rate volatility, sectoral trade, and the aggregation bias," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 389-418, September.
- Olivier Blanchard, 1998.
"Revisiting European Unemployment: Unemployment, Capital Accumulation, and Factor Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
6566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier, 1998. "Revisiting European Unemployment : Unemployment, Capital Accumulation and Factor Prices," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number GL28.
- Mountain, Dean C, 1986. "Economies of Scale versus Technological Change: An Aggregate Production Function for Switzerland," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 707-11, November.
- Fuss,Melvyn A. & Waverman,Leonard, 1992. "Costs and Productivity in Automobile Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521341417, 1.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Burnside, Craig, 1996. "Production function regressions, returns to scale, and externalities," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 177-201, April.
- Matthias Lutz, 2000. "EU Commission versus Volkswagen: New Evidence on Price Differentiation in the European Car Market," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 313-323, November.
- Eakin, B Kelly & McMillen, Daniel P & Buono, Mark J, 1990. "Constructing Confidence Intervals Using the Bootstrap: An Application to a Multi-Product Cost Function," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 339-44, May.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jaime & Corbo, Vittorio, 1990.
"The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : new evidence from Chile,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
481, The World Bank.
- Tybout, James & de Melo, Jamie & Corbo, Vittorio, 1991. "The effects of trade reforms on scale and technical efficiency : New evidence from Chile," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3-4), pages 231-250, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-59, December.
- Guilkey, David K & Lovell, C A Knox & Sickles, Robin C, 1983. "A Comparison of the Performance of Three Flexible Functional Forms," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 591-616, October.
- Barten, A. P., 1969. "Maximum likelihood estimation of a complete system of demand equations," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 7-73.
- Appelbaum, Elie, 1978. "Testing neoclassical production theory," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 87-102, February.
- Westbrook, M Daniel & Tybout, James R, 1993. "Estimating Returns to Scale with Large, Imperfect Panels: An Application to Chilean Manufacturing Industries," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 85-112, January.
- Tybout, James R. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 1995. "Trade liberalization and the dimensions of efficiency change in Mexican manufacturing industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1-2), pages 53-78, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:16:y:2007:i:3:p:369-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.