Valuation ratios and long-horizon stock price predictability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay, 1997. "Book-to-market, dividend yield, and expected market returns: A time-series analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 169-203, May.
- Kilian, Lutz & Taylor, Mark P., 2003.
"Why is it so difficult to beat the random walk forecast of exchange rates?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 85-107, May.
- Kilian, Lutz & Taylor, Mark P., 2001. "Why is it so difficult to beat the random walk forecast of exchange rates?," Working Paper Series 88, European Central Bank.
- Lutz Kilian & Mark P. Taylor, 2001. "Why Is It So Difficult to Beat the Random Walk Forecast of Exchange Rates?," Working Papers 464, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Lutz Kilian & Mark P. Taylor, 2001. "Why is it so difficult to beat the Random Walk Forecast of Exchange Rates?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-031/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kilian, Lutz & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Why is it so Difficult to Beat the Random Walk Forecast of Exchange Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3024, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Berben, R-P. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 1998. "Does the absence of cointegration explain the typical findings in long horizon regressions?," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9814, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Shleifer, Andrei, 2000. "Inefficient Markets: An Introduction to Behavioral Finance," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292272.
- Stambaugh, Robert F., 1999. "Predictive regressions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 375-421, December.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Qi, Min, 1999. "Nonlinear Predictability of Stock Returns Using Financial and Economic Variables," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(4), pages 419-429, October.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1989. "Business conditions and expected returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 23-49, November.
- McMillan, David G., 2001. "Nonlinear predictability of stock market returns: Evidence from nonparametric and threshold models," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 353-368, December.
- Mark, Nelson C, 1995. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals: Evidence on Long-Horizon Predictability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 201-218, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David McMillan & Alan Speight, 2006. "Non-linear long horizon returns predictability: evidence from six south-east Asian markets," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 13(2), pages 95-111, June.
- Lee, King Fuei, 2011. "Demographics and the Long-Horizon Returns of Dividend-Yield Strategies in the US," MPRA Paper 46350, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Q. Pedersen, 2015. "Predictable Return Distributions," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(2), pages 114-132, March.
- McMillan, David G., 2009. "Revisiting dividend yield dynamics and returns predictability: Evidence from a time-varying ESTR model," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 870-883, August.
- McMillan, David G., 2013. "Consumption and stock prices: Evidence from a small international panel," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 76-88.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Sharma, Susan Sunila, 2013.
"An analysis of commodity markets: What gain for investors?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3878-3889.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Sharma, Susan Sunila, 2013. "An analysis of commodity markets: what gain for investors?," Working Papers fe_2013_02, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Maynard, Alex & Ren, Dongmeng, 2019. "The finite sample power of long-horizon predictive tests in models with financial bubbles," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 418-430.
- Tseng, Chih-Hsiung & Cheng, Sheng-Tzong & Wang, Yi-Hsien & Peng, Jin-Tang, 2008. "Artificial neural network model of the hybrid EGARCH volatility of the Taiwan stock index option prices," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(13), pages 3192-3200.
- Algaba, Andres & Boudt, Kris, 2017. "Generalized financial ratios to predict the equity premium," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 244-257.
- Goodness C. Aye Author-Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & Rangan Gupta, 2016.
"Does Debt Ceiling and Government Shutdown Help in Forecasting the US Equity Risk Premium?,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 63(3), pages 273-291, June.
- Goodness C. Aye & Frederick W. Deale & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Does Debt Ceiling and Government Shutdown Help in Forecasting the US Equity Risk Premium?," Working Papers 201422, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ralf Becker & Junsoo Lee & Benton Gup, 2012. "An empirical analysis of mean reversion of the S&P 500’s P/E ratios," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(3), pages 675-690, July.
- Huong Dang & Michael Jolly, 2016. "IPOs in New Zealand: Valuation Multiples and Benchmark Adjusted Performance," Working Papers in Economics 16/32, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Hjalmarsson, Erik, 2012. "Some curious power properties of long-horizon tests," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 81-91.
- Lee, King Fuei, 2013. "Demographics and the long-horizon returns of dividend-yield strategies," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 202-218.
- Nikolaos Mitinanoudis & Theologos Dergiades, 2017.
"Stock Prices Predictability at Long-horizons: Two Tales from the Time-Frequency Domain,"
Credit and Capital Markets,
Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 50(1), pages 37-61.
- Nikolaos Mitianoudis & Theologos Dergiades, 2016. "Stock Prices Predictability at Long-horizons: Two Tales from the Time-Frequency Domain," Discussion Paper Series 2016_04, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2016.
- Shih, Kuang Hsun & Cheng, Ching Chan & Wang, Yi Hsien, 2011. "Financial Information Fraud Risk Warning for Manufacturing Industry - Using Logistic Regression and Neural Network," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 54-71, March.
- Ivan Contreras & J. Ignacio Hidalgo & Laura Nuñez, 2018. "Exploring the influence of industries and randomness in stock prices," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 713-729, September.
- Erik Hjalmarsson, 2006. "Inference in Long-Horizon Regressions," International Finance Discussion Papers 853, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2006.
- David G. McMillan & Mark E. Wohar, 2010. "Stock return predictability and dividend-price ratio: a nonlinear approach," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 351-365.
- Nan-Kuang Chen & Han-Liang Cheng, 2017. "House price to income ratio and fundamentals: Evidence on long-horizon forecastability," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 293-311, August.
- McMillan, David G., 2007. "Bubbles in the dividend-price ratio? Evidence from an asymmetric exponential smooth-transition model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 787-804, March.
- Snaith, Stuart & Coakley, Jerry & Kellard, Neil, 2013. "Does the forward premium puzzle disappear over the horizon?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3681-3693.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:20:y:2005:i:3:p:327-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.