Optimal Allocation of Resources in Airport Security: Profiling vs. Screening
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huseyin Cavusoglu & Byungwan Koh & Srinivasan Raghunathan, 2010. "An Analysis of the Impact of Passenger Profiling for Transportation Security," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 1287-1302, October.
- Geoffrey Heal & Howard Kunreuther, 2005. "IDS Models of Airline Security," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 49(2), pages 201-217, April.
- Nie, Xiaofeng & Batta, Rajan & Drury, Colin G. & Lin, Li, 2009. "Passenger grouping with risk levels in an airport security system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(2), pages 574-584, April.
- Laura A. McLay & Adrian J. Lee & Sheldon H. Jacobson, 2010. "Risk-Based Policies for Airport Security Checkpoint Screening," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(3), pages 333-349, August.
- Nicola Persico & Petra E. Todd, 2005.
"Passenger Profiling, Imperfect Screening, and Airport Security,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 127-131, May.
- Nicola Persico & Petra Todd, 2005. "Passenger Profiling, Imperfect Screening, and Airport Security," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-005, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Lazar Babu, Vellara L. & Batta, Rajan & Lin, Li, 2006. "Passenger grouping under constant threat probability in an airport security system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 633-644, January.
- Atin Basuchoudhary & Laura Razzolini, 2006.
"Hiding in plain sight – using signals to detect terrorists,"
Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 245-255, July.
- Atin Basuchoudhary & Laura Razzolini, 2005. "Hiding in Plain Sight – Using Signals to Detect Terrorists," Working Papers 0502, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Juan-José Ganuza & José S. Penalva, 2005.
"On Information and Competition in Private Value Auctions,"
158, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Juan José Ganuza & José S. Penalva, 2006. "On information and competition in private value auctions," Economics Working Papers 937, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2006.
- Vicki Bier & Naraphorn Haphuriwat, 2011. "Analytical method to identify the number of containers to inspect at U.S. ports to deter terrorist attacks," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 187(1), pages 137-158, July.
- Alexander G. Nikolaev & Sheldon H. Jacobson & Laura A. McLay, 2007. "A Sequential Stochastic Security System Design Problem for Aviation Security," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 41(2), pages 182-194, May.
- Wang, Xiaofang & Zhuang, Jun, 2011. "Balancing congestion and security in the presence of strategic applicants with private information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 100-111, July.
- repec:wly:navres:v:52:y:2005:i:1:p:30-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Coate, Stephen & Loury, Glenn C, 1993.
"Will Affirmative-Action Policies Eliminate Negative Stereotypes?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1220-1240, December.
- Coate, S. & Loury, G.C., 1992. "Will Affirmative Action Policies Eliminate Negative Stereotypes?," Papers 3, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- repec:wly:riskan:v:26:y:2006:i:2:p:297-310 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nie, Xiaofeng & Parab, Gautam & Batta, Rajan & Lin, Li, 2012. "Simulation-based Selectee Lane queueing design for passenger checkpoint screening," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(1), pages 146-155.
- Juan-JosÈ Ganuza & JosÈ S. Penalva, 2010. "Signal Orderings Based on Dispersion and the Supply of Private Information in Auctions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 78(3), pages 1007-1030, May.
- James Yetman, 2004. "Suicidal Terrorism And Discriminatory Screening: An Efficiency-Equity Trade-Off," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 221-230.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jaitra:v:66:y:2018:i:c:p:53-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:262:y:2017:i:1:p:89-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:3:p:919-930 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:reensy:v:165:y:2017:i:c:p:292-301 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsagencies; cost effectiveness; tactics/strategy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:62:y:2014:i:2:p:219-233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Mirko Janc to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.