An Analysis of the Impact of Passenger Profiling for Transportation Security
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeff Dominitz & John Knowles, 2006.
"Crime minimisation and racial bias: what can we learn from police search data?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(515), pages 368-384, November.
- Jeff Dominitz & John Knowles, 2005. "Crime Minimization and Racial Bias: What Can We Learn From Police Search Data?," PIER Working Paper Archive 05-019, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- repec:wly:navres:v:53:y:2006:i:3:p:183-197 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Knowles & Nicola Persico & Petra Todd, 2001.
"Racial Bias in Motor Vehicle Searches: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(1), pages 203-232, February.
- John Knowles & Nicola Persico & Petra Todd, "undated". "Racial Bias in Motor Vehicle Searches: Theory and Evidence," Penn CARESS Working Papers 5940d5c4875c571776fb29700, Penn Economics Department.
- John Knowles & Nicola Persico & Petra Todd, 1999. "Racial Bias in Motor Vehicle Searches: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Knowles & Nicola Persico & Petra Todd, "undated". ""Racial Bias in Motor Vehicle Searches: Theory and Evidence''," CARESS Working Papres 99-06, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2006. "Assessing Racial Profiling," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(515), pages 402-426, November.
- Nicola Persico & Petra Todd, 2006. "Generalising the Hit Rates Test for Racial Bias in Law Enforcement, With an Application to Vehicle Searches in Wichita," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(515), pages 351-367, November.
- Huseyin Cavusoglu & Birendra Mishra & Srinivasan Raghunathan, 2005. "The Value of Intrusion Detection Systems in Information Technology Security Architecture," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 28-46, March.
- repec:wly:riskan:v:24:y:2004:i:4:p:909-916 is not listed on IDEAS
- Young U. Ryu & Hyeun-Suk Rhee, 2008. "Improving Intrusion Prevention Models: Dual-Threshold and Dual-Filter Approaches," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 356-367, August.
- Gustav Feichtinger, 1983. "A Differential Games Solution to a Model of Competition Between a Thief and the Police," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(6), pages 686-699, June.
- Mishra, Birendra K. & Paul Newman, D. & Stinson, Christopher H., 1997. "Environmental regulations and incentives for compliance audits," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 187-214.
- Lazar Babu, Vellara L. & Batta, Rajan & Lin, Li, 2006. "Passenger grouping under constant threat probability in an airport security system," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 168(2), pages 633-644, January.
- George J. Stigler, 1974. "The Optimum Enforcement of Laws," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 55-67 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hulisi Ogut & Huseyin Cavusoglu & Srinivasan Raghunathan, 2008. "Intrusion-Detection Policies for IT Security Breaches," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 20(1), pages 112-123, February.
- Shavell, Steven, 1991. "Specific versus General Enforcement of Law," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 1088-1108, October.
- Arnold Barnett & Mary K. Higgins, 1989. "Airline Safety: The Last Decade," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Maschler, Michael, 1976. "An advantage of the bargaining set over the core," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 184-192, October.
- Jacob W. Ulvila & John E. Gaffney, 2004. "A Decision Analysis Method for Evaluating Computer Intrusion Detection Systems," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 1(1), pages 35-50, March.
- Huseyin Cavusoglu & Srinivasan Raghunathan, 2004. "Configuration of Detection Software: A Comparison of Decision and Game Theory Approaches," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 131-148, September.
- Viscusi, W Kip & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 2003.
"Sacrificing Civil Liberties to Reduce Terrorism Risks,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 26(2-3), pages 99-120, March-May.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Zeckhauser, Richard, 2003. "Sacrificing Civil Liberties to Reduce Terrorism Risks," Working Paper Series rwp03-017, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Polinsky, Mitchell & Shavell, Steven, 1979. "The Optimal Tradeoff between the Probability and Magnitude of Fines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 880-891, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:278:y:2019:i:3:p:883-893 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Xiaofang & Zhuang, Jun, 2011. "Balancing congestion and security in the presence of strategic applicants with private information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(1), pages 100-111, July.
- Aniruddha Bagchi & Jomon Aliyas Paul, 2014. "Optimal Allocation of Resources in Airport Security: Profiling vs. Screening," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 62(2), pages 219-233, April.
- Yonghua Ji & Subodha Kumar & Vijay Mookerjee, 2016. "When Being Hot Is Not Cool: Monitoring Hot Lists for Information Security," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(4), pages 897-918, December.
- Huseyin Cavusoglu & Young Kwark & Bin Mai & Srinivasan Raghunathan, 2013. "Passenger Profiling and Screening for Aviation Security in the Presence of Strategic Attackers," Decision Analysis, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 63-81, March.
More about this item
Keywordsaviation security; homeland and transportation security; screening systems; passenger profiling;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:58:y:2010:i:5:p:1287-1302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.