Parametric Forecasting and Stochastic Programming Models for Call-Center Workforce Scheduling
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James W. Taylor, 2012. "Density Forecasting of Intraday Call Center Arrivals Using Models Based on Exponential Smoothing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(3), pages 534-549, March.
- Athanassios N. Avramidis & Alexandre Deslauriers & Pierre L'Ecuyer, 2004. "Modeling Daily Arrivals to a Telephone Call Center," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 896-908, July.
- Bert Chen & Shane Henderson, 2001. "Two Issues in Setting Call Centre Staffing Levels," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 108(1), pages 175-192, November.
- Linda V. Green & Peter J. Kolesar & João Soares, 2001. "Improving the Sipp Approach for Staffing Service Systems That Have Cyclic Demands," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 549-564, August.
- Ety Zohar & Avishai Mandelbaum & Nahum Shimkin, 2002. "Adaptive Behavior of Impatient Customers in Tele-Queues: Theory and Empirical Support," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(4), pages 566-583, April.
- Itai Gurvich & James Luedtke & Tolga Tezcan, 2010. "Staffing Call Centers with Uncertain Demand Forecasts: A Chance-Constrained Optimization Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(7), pages 1093-1115, July.
- Weinberg, Jonathan & Brown, Lawrence D. & Stroud, Jonathan R., 2007. "Bayesian Forecasting of an Inhomogeneous Poisson Process With Applications to Call Center Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1185-1198, December.
- Oualid Jouini & Auke Pot & Ger Koole & Yves Dallery, 2010. "Online Scheduling Policies for Multiclass Call Centers with Impatient Customers," Post-Print hal-00565528, HAL.
- Allen C. Miller, III & Thomas R. Rice, 1983. "Discrete Approximations of Probability Distributions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 352-362, March.
- Bertsimas, Dimitris & Doan, Xuan Vinh, 2010. "Robust and data-driven approaches to call centers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(2), pages 1072-1085, December.
- Song-Hee Kim & Ward Whitt, 2014. "Are Call Center and Hospital Arrivals Well Modeled by Nonhomogeneous Poisson Processes?," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 16(3), pages 464-480, July.
- Rouba Ibrahim & Pierre L'Ecuyer, 2013. "Forecasting Call Center Arrivals: Fixed-Effects, Mixed-Effects, and Bivariate Models," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 72-85, May.
- Robbins, Thomas R. & Harrison, Terry P., 2010. "A stochastic programming model for scheduling call centers with global Service Level Agreements," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(3), pages 1608-1619, December.
- Lawrence Brown & Noah Gans & Avishai Mandelbaum & Anat Sakov & Haipeng Shen & Sergey Zeltyn & Linda Zhao, 2005. "Statistical Analysis of a Telephone Call Center: A Queueing-Science Perspective," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 36-50, March.
- Jouini, Oualid & Pot, Auke & Koole, Ger & Dallery, Yves, 2010. "Online scheduling policies for multiclass call centers with impatient customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 258-268, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jomega:v:78:y:2018:i:c:p:222-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kuang Xu & Carri W. Chan, 2016. "Using Future Information to Reduce Waiting Times in the Emergency Department via Diversion," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 314-331, July.
More about this item
Keywordscall-center management; production planning and scheduling; service operations; distributional forecast updating; stochastic programming with recourse;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormsom:v:17:y:2015:i:4:p:571-588. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.