Adaptive Behavior of Impatient Customers in Tele-Queues: Theory and Empirical Support
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leclerc, France & Schmitt, Bernd H & Dube, Laurette, 1995. " Waiting Time and Decision Making: Is Time like Money?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 110-119, June.
- Friedman, Hershey H. & Friedman, Linda W., 1997. "Reducing the "wait" in waiting-line systems: Waiting line segmentation," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 54-58.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pengfei Guo & Paul Zipkin, 2007. "Analysis and Comparison of Queues with Different Levels of Delay Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(6), pages 962-970, June.
- Noah Gans & Yong-Pin Zhou, 2007. "Call-Routing Schemes for Call-Center Outsourcing," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 9(1), pages 33-50, May.
- Lawrence Brown & Noah Gans & Avishai Mandelbaum & Anat Sakov & Haipeng Shen & Sergey Zeltyn & Linda Zhao & Novemer, "undated". "Statistical Analysis of a Telephone Call Center: A Queueing-Science Perspective," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-12, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Z. Justin Ren & Yong-Pin Zhou, 2008. "Call Center Outsourcing: Coordinating Staffing Level and Service Quality," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(2), pages 369-383, February.
- Jouini, Oualid & Dallery, Yves & Aksin, Zeynep, 2009. "Queueing models for full-flexible multi-class call centers with real-time anticipated delays," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 389-399, August.
- repec:spr:queues:v:86:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11134-017-9521-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ward Whitt, 2005. "Engineering Solution of a Basic Call-Center Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 221-235, February.
- Ward Whitt, 2004. "Efficiency-Driven Heavy-Traffic Approximations for Many-Server Queues with Abandonments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(10), pages 1449-1461, October.
- Ward Whitt, 2006. "The Impact of Increased Employee Retention on Performance in a Customer Contact Center," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 235-252, January.
- Marcos Singer & Patricio Donoso & Alan Scheller-Wolf, 2008. "Una Introducción A La Teoría De Colas Aplicada A La Gestión De Servicios," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 11(2), pages 93-120.
- John Boudreau & Wallace Hopp & John O. McClain & L. Joseph Thomas, 2003. "On the Interface Between Operations and Human Resources Management," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 5(3), pages 179-202, September.
- Krishnamoorthy, A. & Babu, S. & Narayanan, Viswanath C., 2009. "The MAP/(PH/PH)/1 queue with self-generation of priorities and non-preemptive service," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 195(1), pages 174-185, May.
- Gabriel R. Bitran & Juan-Carlos Ferrer & Paulo Rocha e Oliveira, 2008. "OM Forum--Managing Customer Experiences: Perspectives on the Temporal Aspects of Service Encounters," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 61-83, July.
- Susan H. Xu & Long Gao & Jihong Ou, 2007. "Service Performance Analysis and Improvement for a Ticket Queue with Balking Customers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(6), pages 971-990, June.
- Oualid Jouini & Zeynep Akşin & Yves Dallery, 2011. "Call Centers with Delay Information: Models and Insights," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(4), pages 534-548, October.
More about this item
KeywordsExponential Queues; Abandonment; Invisible Queues; Tele-Queues; Adaptive Customer Behavior; Tele-Services; Call Centers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:48:y:2002:i:4:p:566-583. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .