The Hidden Cost of Accommodating Crowdfunder Privacy Preferences: A Randomized Field Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2010. "Public Goods, Social Pressure, and the Choice between Privacy and Publicity," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 191-221, May.
- Ariely, Dan & Levav, Jonathan, 2000. " Sequential Choice in Group Settings: Taking the Road Less Traveled and Less Enjoyed," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 279-290, December.
- Sunil Wattal & Rahul Telang & Tridas Mukhopadhyay & Peter Boatwright, 2012. "What's in a “Name”? Impact of Use of Customer Information in E-Mail Advertisements," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(3-part-1), pages 679-697, September.
- Anindya Ghose & Panagiotis G. Ipeirotis & Beibei Li, 2012. "Designing Ranking Systems for Hotels on Travel Search Engines by Mining User-Generated and Crowdsourced Content," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 493-520, May.
- Wang Zhongmin, 2010. "Anonymity, Social Image, and the Competition for Volunteers: A Case Study of the Online Market for Reviews," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-35, May.
- Mollick, Ethan, 2014. "The dynamics of crowdfunding: An exploratory study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16.
- Yael V. Hochberg & Alexander Ljungqvist & Yang Lu, 2007. "Whom You Know Matters: Venture Capital Networks and Investment Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 251-301, February.
- James Andreoni & B. Douglas Bernheim, 2009.
"Social Image and the 50-50 Norm: A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Audience Effects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(5), pages 1607-1636, September.
- James Andreoni, 2007. "Social Image and the 50-50 Norm: A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Audience Effects," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000001459, UCLA Department of Economics.
- James Andreoni & B. Douglas Bernheim, 2007. "Social Image and the 50-50 Norm: A Theoretical and Experimental Analysis of Audience Effects," Discussion Papers 07-030, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Dellarocas, Chrysanthos, 2003. "The Digitization of Word-of-mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Working papers 4296-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2012. "Shifts in Privacy Concerns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 349-353, May.
- Leslie K. John & Alessandro Acquisti & George Loewenstein, 2011. "Strangers on a Plane: Context-Dependent Willingness to Divulge Sensitive Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(5), pages 858-873.
- Mingfeng Lin & Nagpurnanand R. Prabhala & Siva Viswanathan, 2013. "Judging Borrowers by the Company They Keep: Friendship Networks and Information Asymmetry in Online Peer-to-Peer Lending," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 17-35, August.
- Xiaoquan (Michael) Zhang & Feng Zhu, 2011. "Group Size and Incentives to Contribute: A Natural Experiment at Chinese Wikipedia," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1601-1615, June.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Leslie K. John & George Loewenstein, 2013. "What Is Privacy Worth?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 249-274.
- Juanjuan Zhang & Peng Liu, 2012. "Rational Herding in Microloan Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 892-912, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gordon Burtch & Anindya Ghose & Sunil Wattal, 2016. "Secret Admirers: An Empirical Examination of Information Hiding and Contribution Dynamics in Online Crowdfunding," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 478-496, September.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:3:p:692-:d:201488 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hornuf, Lars & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2015. "Funding Dynamics in Crowdinvesting," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112969, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Friedemann Polzin & Helen Toxopeus & Erik Stam, 2018.
"The wisdom of the crowd in funding: information heterogeneity and social networks of crowdfunders,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 251-273, February.
- F.H.J. Polzin & H.S. Toxopeus & F.C. Stam, 2016. "The wisdom of the crowd in funding: : Information heterogeneity and social networks of crowdfunder," Working Papers 16-15, Utrecht School of Economics.
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:57:p:5802-5813 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bpj:erjour:v:7:y:2017:i:2:p:14:n:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:corfin:v:50:y:2018:i:c:p:556-574 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oleksandr Talavera & Haofeng Xu, 2018. "Role of Verification in Peer-to-Peer Lending," Working Papers 2018-25, Swansea University, School of Management.
- repec:spr:jbecon:v:87:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s11573-017-0852-x is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jbvent:v:34:y:2019:i:1:p:41-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:elmark:v:28:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s12525-017-0269-y is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:14:y:2016:i:2:p:19235736 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lars Hornuf, 2016. "The Emergence of the Global Fintech Market: Economic and Technological Determinants," IAAEG Discussion Papers until 2011 201606, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Christian Haddad & Lars Hornuf, 2016. "The Emergence of the Global Fintech Market: Economic and Technological Determinants," CESifo Working Paper Series 6131, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:9:p:1606-1628 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:50:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11187-016-9834-6 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscrowdfunding; privacy; priming; anonymity; randomized experiment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:61:y:2015:i:5:p:949-962. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Mirko Janc to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.