Biased Judgment in Censored Environments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mirko Kremer & Brent Moritz & Enno Siemsen, 2011. "Demand Forecasting Behavior: System Neglect and Change Detection," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(10), pages 1827-1843, October.
- Sichel, Daniel E, 1993.
"Business Cycle Asymmetry: A Deeper Look,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(2), pages 224-236, April.
- Sichel, D.E., 1988. "Business Cycle Asymmetry: A Deeper Look," Papers 85, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- Daniel E. Sichel, 1989. "Business cycle asymmetry: a deeper look," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 93, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Martin A. Lariviere & Evan L. Porteus, 1999. "Stalking Information: Bayesian Inventory Management with Unobserved Lost Sales," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 346-363, March.
- Van Nieuwerburgh, Stijn & Veldkamp, Laura, 2006. "Learning asymmetries in real business cycles," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 753-772, May.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Nils Rudi & David Drake, 2009. "Observation bias: The impact of demand censoring on newsvendor level and adjustment behavior," Harvard Business School Working Papers 12-042, Harvard Business School, revised Dec 2011.
- Maurice E. Schweitzer & Gérard P. Cachon, 2000. "Decision Bias in the Newsvendor Problem with a Known Demand Distribution: Experimental Evidence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(3), pages 404-420, March.
- Cade Massey & George Wu, 2005. "Detecting Regime Shifts: The Causes of Under- and Overreaction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(6), pages 932-947, June.
- Li Chen & A. Gürhan Kök & Jordan D. Tong, 2013. "The Effect of Payment Schemes on Inventory Decisions: The Role of Mental Accounting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(2), pages 436-451, September.
- Veldkamp, Laura L., 2005. "Slow boom, sudden crash," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 124(2), pages 230-257, October.
- Jonathan J. Koehler & Molly Mercer, 2009. "Selection Neglect in Mutual Fund Advertisements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(7), pages 1107-1121, July.
- Rachel Croson & Karen Donohue, 2006. "Behavioral Causes of the Bullwhip Effect and the Observed Value of Inventory Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(3), pages 323-336, March.
- Özalp Özer & Yanchong Zheng & Kay-Yut Chen, 2011. "Trust in Forecast Information Sharing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(6), pages 1111-1137, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhao, Yingshuai & Zhao, Xiaobo, 2015. "On human decision behavior in multi-echelon inventory management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 116-128.
- Angelovski, Andrej & Brandts, Jordi & Sola, Carles, 2016.
"Hiring and escalation bias in subjective performance evaluations: A laboratory experiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 114-129.
- Andrej Angelovski & Jordi Brandts & Carles Sola, 2014. "Hiring and Escalation Bias in Subjective Performance Evaluations: A Laboratory Experiment," BELIS Working Papers 2014-02, BELIS, Istanbul Bilgi University.
- Andrej Angelovski & Jordi Brandts & Carles Solà, 2015. "Hiring and Escalation Bias in Subjective Performance Evaluations: A Laboratory Experiment," Working Papers 839, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Yingshuai Zhao & Xiaobo Zhao & Zuo-Jun Max Shen, 2016. "On learning process of a newsvendor with censored demand information," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(9), pages 1200-1211, September.
- John S. Jatta & Krishna Kumar Krishnan, 2016. "An empirical assessment of a univariate time series for demand planning in a demand-driven supply chain," International Journal of Business Forecasting and Marketing Intelligence, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3), pages 269-290.
More about this item
Keywordsinference; heuristics and biases; demand estimation; inventory decisions; risky choice; learning;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:59:y:2013:i:3:p:573-591. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.