Stalking Information: Bayesian Inventory Management with Unobserved Lost Sales
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Katy S. Azoury, 1985. "Bayes Solution to Dynamic Inventory Models Under Unknown Demand Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(9), pages 1150-1160, September.
- Steven A. Lippman, 1969. "Optimal Inventory Policy with Multiple Set-Up Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 118-138, September.
- Frank Milne & Edwin H. Neave, 1994. "Dominance Relations Among Standardized Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1343-1352, October.
- David J. Braden & Marshall Freimer, 1991. "Informational Dynamics of Censored Observations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(11), pages 1390-1404, November.
- David J. Braden & Shmuel S. Oren, 1994. "Nonlinear Pricing to Produce Information," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 310-326.
- Muhittin Oral & Michael S. Salvador & Arnold Reisman & Burton V. Dean, 1972. "On the Evaluation of Shortage Costs for Inventory Control of Finished Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(6), pages 344-351, February.
- Evan L. Porteus, 1975. "On the Optimality of Structured Policies in Countable Stage Decision Processes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(2), pages 148-157, October.
- William S. Lovejoy, 1993. "Suboptimal Policies, with Bounds, for Parameter Adaptive Decision Processes," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 41(3), pages 583-599, June.
- Giora Harpaz & Wayne Y. Lee & Robert L. Winkler, 1982. "Learning, Experimentation, and the Optimal Output Decisions of a Competitive Firm," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 28(6), pages 589-603, June.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian inventory management; unobserved lost sales; information acquisition; dropping products; Bayesian dynamic programming; newsvendor distributions; dimensionality reduction; product profitability; multiple markets; favoring small markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:45:y:1999:i:3:p:346-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .