Product Recalls in the Medical Device Industry: An Empirical Exploration of the Sources and Financial Consequences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael A. Lapré & Nikos Tsikriktsis, 2006. "Organizational Learning Curves for Customer Dissatisfaction: Heterogeneity Across Airlines," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(3), pages 352-366, March.
- Sunder Kekre & Kannan Srinivasan, 1990. "Broader Product Line: A Necessity to Achieve Success?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(10), pages 1216-1232, October.
- Karan Girotra & Christian Terwiesch & Karl T. Ulrich, 2007. "Valuing R& D Projects in a Portfolio: Evidence from the Pharmaceutical Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(9), pages 1452-1466, September.
- Chaney, Paul K & Devinney, Timothy M & Winer, Russell S, 1991. "The Impact of New Product Introductions on the Market Value of Firms," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 573-610, October.
- Kevin B. Hendricks & Vinod R. Singhal, 1996. "Quality Awards and the Market Value of the Firm: An Empirical Investigation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 415-436, March.
- Jarrell, Gregg & Peltzman, Sam, 1985.
"The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 512-536, June.
- Gregg A. Jarrell & Sam Peltzman, 1984. "The Impact of Product Recalls on the Wealth of Sellers," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 33, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Morris A. Cohen & Jehoshua Eliasberg & Teck-Hua Ho, 1996. "New Product Development: The Performance and Time-to-Market Tradeoff," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 173-186, February.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Kevin B. Hendricks & Vinod R. Singhal, 2005. "Association Between Supply Chain Glitches and Operating Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(5), pages 695-711, May.
- Pamela R. Haunschild & Mooweon Rhee, 2004. "The Role of Volition in Organizational Learning: The Case of Automotive Product Recalls," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(11), pages 1545-1560, November.
- Michael R. Thomsen & Andrew M. McKenzie, 2001. "Market Incentives for Safe Foods: An Examination of Shareholder Losses from Meat and Poultry Recalls," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 526-538.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ni, John Z. & Flynn, Barbara B. & Jacobs, F. Robert, 2014. "Impact of product recall announcements on retailers׳ financial value," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 309-322.
- repec:spr:custns:v:4:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40547-017-0074-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang Dong & Kefeng Xu & Yi Xu & Xiang Wan, 2013. "Quality Assurance Contracts in a Multi-Level Supply Chain," Working Papers 0206mss, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:200:y:2018:i:c:p:329-342 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:93:y:2017:i:c:p:62-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:1:p:219-227 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yan Dong & Kefeng Xu & Sining Song, 2014. "Can Product Recalls Be Profitable? Insights from Behavior Economics Models and Empirical Studies," Working Papers 0189mss, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:33:y:2016:i:1:p:59-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam J. Wowak & Michael J. Mannor & Kaitlin D. Wowak, 2015. "Throwing caution to the wind: The effect of CEO stock option pay on the incidence of product safety problems," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(7), pages 1082-1092, July.
- repec:bla:jscmgt:v:53:y:2017:i:4:p:13-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Yi-Su & Su, Hung-Chung & Ro, Young K., 2017. "The co-evolution of supplier relationship quality and product quality in the U.S. auto industry: A cultural perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 245-255.
- Hong, Yoo Suk & Huh, Woonghee Tim & Kang, Changmuk, 2017. "Sourcing assemble-to-order inventories under supplier risk uncertainty," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 66(PA), pages 1-14.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:245-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yan Dong & Kefeng Xu & Yi Xu & Xiang Wan, 2016. "Quality Management in Multi-Level Supply Chains with Outsourced Manufacturing," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 25(2), pages 290-305, February.
- repec:taf:tprsxx:v:54:y:2016:i:18:p:5404-5415 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:244-258 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsmedical device; recalls; quality; econometric analyses; performance; learning;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:57:y:2011:i:2:p:376-392. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.