The Performance Consequences of Ambidexterity in Strategic Alliance Formations: Empirical Investigation and Computational Theorizing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marta Ballesta & Joshua Livnat & Nishi Sinha, 1999. "Corporate Reorganizations: Changes in the Intensity of Labor and Capital Expenditures," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1205-1238.
- Manju K. Ahuja & Dennis F. Galletta & Kathleen M. Carley, 2003. "Individual Centrality and Performance in Virtual R& D Groups: An Empirical Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(1), pages 21-38, January.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1993. "Knowledge of the Firm and the Evolutionary Theory of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(4), pages 625-645, December.
- Henk W. Volberda & Arie Y. Lewin, 2003. "Co-evolutionary Dynamics Within and Between Firms: From Evolution to Co-evolution," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(8), pages 2111-2136, December.
- Lori Rosenkopf & Paul Almeida, 2003. "Overcoming Local Search Through Alliances and Mobility," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(6), pages 751-766, June.
- Robert M. Grant & Charles Baden-Fuller, 2004. "A Knowledge Accessing Theory of Strategic Alliances," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 61-84, January.
- Olav Sorenson, 2003. "Interdependence and Adaptability: Organizational Learning and the Long--Term Effect of Integration," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 446-463, April.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj & Ricart, Joan E., 1993. "Organizational tension between static and dynamic efficiency, The," IESE Research Papers D/255, IESE Business School.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heinrichs, Simon & Walter, Sascha, 2013. "Don’t Step Into Your Parent’s Shoes – How Exploitation and Exploration Affect Spin-out Growth," EconStor Preprints 68591, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Dai, Ye & Du, Kui & Byun, Gukdo & Zhu, Xi, 2017. "Ambidexterity in new ventures: The impact of new product development alliances and transactive memory systems," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 77-85.
- Francisco García-Lillo & Mercedes Úbeda-García & Bartolomé Marco-Lajara, 2016. "Organizational ambidexterity: exploring the knowledge base," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 107(3), pages 1021-1040, June.
- Justin J. P. Jansen & Michiel P. Tempelaar & Frans A. J. van den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2009.
"Structural Differentiation and Ambidexterity: The Mediating Role of Integration Mechanisms,"
INFORMS, vol. 20(4), pages 797-811, August.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & Tempelaar, M.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2008. "Structural Differentiation and Ambidexterity: The Mediating Role of Integration Mechanisms," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-072-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Zhongfeng Su & Jingyu Li & Zhiping Yang & Yuan Li, 2011. "Exploratory learning and exploitative learning in different organizational structures," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 697-714, December.
- Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Li, Ying & Van de Vrande, Vareska, 2009. "The dual role of external corporate venturing in technological exploration," MPRA Paper 26488, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:5:p:942-958 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Peter Ping, 2010. "Toward a learning-based view of internationalization: The accelerated trajectories of cross-border learning for latecomers," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 43-59, March.
- Rachel Bocquet & Caroline Mothe, 2015. "Can a governance structure foster cluster ambidexterity through knowledge management? An empirical study of two French SME clusters," Post-Print hal-01132584, HAL.
- Massimo Colombo & Liliana Doganova & Evila Piva & Diego D’Adda & Philippe Mustar, 2015. "Hybrid alliances and radical innovation: the performance implications of integrating exploration and exploitation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 696-722, August.
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:5:p:881-897 is not listed on IDEAS
- O'Reilly, Charles A., III & Tushman, Michael L., 2013. "Organizational Ambidexterity: Past, Present and Future," Research Papers 2130, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Yamakawa, Yasuhiro & Yang, Haibin & Lin, Zhiang (John), 2011. "Exploration versus exploitation in alliance portfolio: Performance implications of organizational, strategic, and environmental fit," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 287-296, March.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:38:y:2017:i:2:p:384-394 is not listed on IDEAS
- Prange, Christiane & Verdier, Sylvie, 2011. "Dynamic capabilities, internationalization processes and performance," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 126-133, January.
- Uriel Stettner & Dovev Lavie, 2014. "Ambidexterity under scrutiny: Exploration and exploitation via internal organization, alliances, and acquisitions," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(13), pages 1903-1929, December.
- Christine Chou & Steven O. Kimbrough, 2016. "An agent-based model of organizational ambidexterity decisions and strategies in new product development," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 4-46, March.
- Yanfeng Zheng & Haibin Yang, 2015. "Does Familiarity Foster Innovation? The Impact of Alliance Partner Repeatedness on Breakthrough Innovations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 213-230, March.
- Subramanian, Annapoornima M. & Lim, Kwanghui & Soh, Pek-Hooi, 2013. "When birds of a feather don’t flock together: Different scientists and the roles they play in biotech R&D alliances," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 595-612.
- Koen H. Heimeriks & Christopher B. Bingham & Tomi Laamanen, 2015. "Unveiling the temporally contingent role of codification in alliance success," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 462-473, March.
- Michele Cincera & Pierre De Clercq & Thomas Gillet, 2015. "Optimal Openness Level and Economic Performance of Firms: Evidence from Belgian CIS Data," iCite Working Papers 2015-14, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
Keywordsalliance formation; ambidexterity hypothesis; social networks; empirical analysis; computer simulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:53:y:2007:i:10:p:1645-1658. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .