A Note on Feedback Sequential Equilibria in a Lanchester Model with Empirical Application
We study in this paper dynamic equilibrium advertising strategies in a duopoly with asymmetric information structure and sequential play. The advertising model of Lanchester is used in a game where the relevant solution concept is feedback Stackelberg equilibrium, which is subgame perfect. An algorithm is devised for the computation of this equilibrium, and numerical results are reported and discussed. Using a data set from the cola market, we obtain the resulting advertising strategies and provide a comparison with closed-loop and open-loop Nash equilibria.
Volume (Year): 52 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gila E. Fruchter & Shlomo Kalish, 1997. "Closed-Loop Advertising Strategies in a Duopoly," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(1), pages 54-63, January.
- Ramla Jarrar & Guiomar Martín-Herrán & Georges Zaccour, 2004. "Markov Perfect Equilibrium Advertising Strategies of Lanchester Duopoly Model: A Technical Note," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 995-1000, July.
- Gary M. Erickson, 1992. "Empirical Analysis of Closed-Loop Duopoly Advertising Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(12), pages 1732-1749, December.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Naufel J. Vilcassim, 1992. "An Empirical Investigation of Advertising Strategies in a Dynamic Duopoly," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(9), pages 1230-1244, September.
- Sorger, Gerhard, 1989. "Competitive dynamic advertising : A modification of the Case game," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 55-80, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:52:y:2006:i:5:p:804-811. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.