Cross-Functional Influence in New Product Development: An Exploratory Study of Marketing and R...D Perspectives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abbie Griffin & John R. Hauser, 1992. "Patterns of Communication Among Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing---A Comparison Between Two New Product Teams," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(3), pages 360-373, March.
- Rudy K. Moenaert & William E. Souder, 1996. "Context and Antecedents of Information Utility at the R&D/Marketing Interface," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(11), pages 1592-1610, November.
- Maute, Manfred F. & Locander, William B., 1994. "Innovation as a socio-political process: An empirical analysis of influence behavior among new product managers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 161-174, June.
- McQuiston, Daniel H. & Dickson, Peter R., 1991. "The effect of perceived personal consequences on participation and influence in organizational buying," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 159-177, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Roper & James Love & Priit Vahter, 2012.
"The value of design strategies for new product development: Some econometric evidence,"
The Centre for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises Research Paper Series
114, Centre for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick.
- Stephen Roper & James H Love & Priit Vahter, 2012. "The Value Of Design Strategies For New Product Development: Some Econometric Evidence," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 85, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Knockaert, M. & Ucbasaran, D. & Wright, M. & Clarysse, B., 2009.
"How does tacit knowledge transfer influence innovation speed? The case of science based entrepreneurial firms,"
Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series
2009-07, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- M. Knockaert & D. Ucbasaran & M. Wright & B. Clarysse, 2009. "How does Tacit Knowledge Transfer Influence Innovation Speed? The Case of Science Based Entrepreneurial Firms," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/554, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Thomas Bolli & Martin Woerter, 2013. "Technological Diversification and Innovation Performance," KOF Working papers 13-336, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Homburg, Christian & Alavi, Sascha & Rajab, Thomas & Wieseke, Jan, 2017. "The contingent roles of R&D–sales versus R&D–marketing cooperation in new-product development of business-to-business firms," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 212-230.
- Scott A. Shane & Karl T. Ulrich, 2004. "50th Anniversary Article: Technological Innovation, Product Development, and Entrepreneurship in Management Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 133-144, February.
- Yu-Shan Su & Eric Tsang & Mike Peng, 2009. "How do internal capabilities and external partnerships affect innovativeness?," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 309-331, June.
- Omar Merlo & Seigyoung Auh, 2009. "The effects of entrepreneurial orientation, market orientation, and marketing subunit influence on firm performance," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 295-311, September.
- Elias Kyriazis & Lester W. Johnson & Paul Couchman, 2022. "The Effects of Affective Trust and Suspicion in New Product Development Projects," Businesses, MDPI, vol. 2(3), pages 1-19, August.
- Lütjen, Heiner & Tietze, Frank & Schultz, Carsten, 2017. "Service transitions of product-centric firms: An explorative study of service transition stages and barriers in Germany's energy market," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 192(C), pages 106-119.
- Afrifa, Godfred Adjapong & Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph & Yamoah, Fred & Acquaye, Adolf & Syllias, Johnny & Quaye, Enoch Nii Boi, 2022. "Regional development, innovation systems and service companies’ performance," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 174(C).
- Arfan Shahzad & Abdullah Kaid Al-Swidi & Abd Ghani B Golamdin, 2013. "A Tract Reflection on Challenges in Research & Development for New Product Development in the Industrial Sector of Pakistan," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 3(1), pages 406-415, June.
- Hattula, Johannes D. & Schmitz, Christian & Schmidt, Martin & Reinecke, Sven, 2015. "Is more always better? An investigation into the relationship between marketing influence and managers' market intelligence dissemination," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 179-186.
- Burström, Thommie & Wilson, Timothy L. & Wincent, Joakim, 2020. "Dynamics of after-sales managers’ strategizing work: What, why and how," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 119-131.
- Yamashita, Yuko & Uehara, Wataru & Fukutomi, Gen & Sasaki, Masato & Fukuchi, Hiroyuki, 2012. "Dynamism Inside The Mo Box: The Credibility Of Market Information As A Key Factor In Market Orientation," Hitotsubashi Journal of commerce and management, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 46(1), pages 65-79, October.
- Stephen Roper & James H. Love, 2018.
"Knowledge context, learning and innovation: an integrating framework,"
Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 339-364, April.
- Stephen Roper & James Love & Ying Zhou, 2014. "Knowledge context, learning and innovation: an integrating framework," Research Papers 0020, Enterprise Research Centre.
- Pankaj Tiwari & B Suresha, 2021. "Moderating Role of Project Innovativeness on Project Flexibility, Project Risk, Project Performance, and Business Success in Financial Services," Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Springer;Global Institute of Flexible Systems Management, vol. 22(3), pages 179-196, September.
- Lütjen, Heiner & Schultz, Carsten & Tietze, Frank & Urmetzer, Florian, 2019. "Managing ecosystems for service innovation: A dynamic capability view," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 506-519.
- Merlo, Omar & Auh, Seigyoung, 2010. "Marketing’s strategic influence in Australian firms: A review and survey," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 49-56.
- Merlo, Omar & Lukas, Bryan A. & Whitwell, Gregory J., 2012. "Marketing's reputation and influence in the firm," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 446-452.
- Chen, Kaihua & Guan, Jiancheng, 2011. "Mapping the functionality of China's regional innovation systems: A structural approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 11-27, March.
- Damien Dietsch & Rim Khemiri, 2018. "Impact Of The Use Of Knowledge Obtained Through Informal Exchanges On The Performance Of Innovation Projects: For The Enrichment Of Inbound Open Innovation Practices," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(06), pages 1-35, August.
- Po-Chien Li & Yen-Chun Chen, 2012. "How does social orientation influence R&D-marketing collaboration?," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 151-168, March.
- Rohrbeck, Rene, 2007. "Veille stratégique en entreprise multinationale - Une étude de cas auprès de la Deutsche Telekom AG," MPRA Paper 5701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Akhilesh Bajaj & Sunder Kekre & Kannan Srinivasan, 2004. "Managing NPD: Cost and Schedule Performance in Design and Manufacturing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(4), pages 527-536, April.
- Maltz, Elliot & Souder, William E. & Kumar, Ajith, 2001. "Influencing R&D/marketing integration and the use of market information by R&D managers: intended and unintended effects of managerial actions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 69-82, April.
- Proserpio, Luigi & Magni, Massimo, 2012. "Teaching without the teacher? Building a learning environment through computer simulations," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 99-105.
- Park, Hyun-Soo & Auh, Seigyoung & Maher, Amro A. & Singhapakdi, Anusorn, 2012. "Marketing's accountability and internal legitimacy: Implications for firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1576-1582.
- Wilhelm, Wilbert E. & Xu, Kaihong, 2002. "Prescribing product upgrades, prices and production levels over time in a stochastic environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(3), pages 601-621, May.
- Goebel, Daniel J. & Marshall, Greg W. & Locander, William B., 2006. "Getting one's own way: An investigation of influence attempts by marketers on nonmarketing members of the firm," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 829-837, July.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 2020. "Repeated Interaction in Teams: Tenure and Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(3), pages 1496-1507, March.
- Niklas Bondesson, 2012. "Brand Image Antecedents of Loyalty and Price Premium in Business Markets," Business and Management Research, Business and Management Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 1(1), pages 32-47, March.
- Homburg, Christian & Klarmann, Martin & Schmitt, Jens, 2010. "Brand awareness in business markets: When is it related to firm performance?," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 201-212.
- Zhani, Najlae & Mouri, Nacef & Ahmed, Tariq, 2022. "The role of mobile value and trust as drivers of purchase intentions in m-servicescape," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Bel, Roland & Smirnov, Vladimir & Wait, Andrew, 2011. "A Swarm of Innovators: Information, Leadership and Innovation," Working Papers 2011-11, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Chan, Lai-Kow & Wu, Ming-Lu, 2002. "Quality function deployment: A literature review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 143(3), pages 463-497, December.
- Alok R. Saboo & Rajdeep Grewal, 2013. "Stock Market Reactions to Customer and Competitor Orientations: The Case of Initial Public Offerings," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 70-88, October.
- Hausman, Angela & Stock, James R., 2003. "Adoption and implementation of technological innovations within long-term relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(8), pages 681-686, August.
- Gerald C. Kane & Sam Ransbotham, 2016. "Content as Community Regulator: The Recursive Relationship Between Consumption and Contribution in Open Collaboration Communities," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(5), pages 1258-1274, October.
- Jinhong Xie & X. Michael Song & Anne Stringfellow, 1998. "Interfunctional Conflict, Conflict Resolution Styles, and New Product Success: A Four-Culture Comparison," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages 192-206, December.
- Boons, Mark & Stam, Daan, 2019. "Crowdsourcing for innovation: How related and unrelated perspectives interact to increase creative performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 1758-1770.
- Hamilton, Rebecca W. & Puntoni, Stefano & Tavassoli, Nader T., 2010. "Categorization by groups and individuals," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 70-81, May.
- Oliver Baumann, 2015. "Distributed Problem Solving in Modular Systems: the Benefit of Temporary Coordination Neglect," Systems Research and Behavioral Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 124-136, January.
- Carnevalli, Jose A. & Miguel, Paulo Cauchick, 2008. "Review, analysis and classification of the literature on QFD--Types of research, difficulties and benefits," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 737-754, August.
More about this item
Keywordsmarketing and R...D interface; cross-functional influence; new product development;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:10:p:1269-1284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Matthew Walls (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.