Against Your Better Judgment? How Organizations Can Improve Their Use of Management Judgment in Forecasting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nada R. Sanders & Karl B. Manrodt, 2003. "Forecasting Software in Practice: Use, Satisfaction, and Performance," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 33(5), pages 90-93, October.
- Nada R. Sanders & Karl B. Manrodt, 1994. "Forecasting Practices in US Corporations: Survey Results," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 92-100, April.
- J. Scott Armstrong & Ruth Pagell, 2003. "The Ombudsman: Reaping Benefits from Management Research: Lessons from the Forecasting Principles Project," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 33(6), pages 91-111, December.
- Yokuma, J. Thomas & Armstrong, J. Scott, 1995. "Beyond accuracy: Comparison of criteria used to select forecasting methods," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 591-597, December.
- Lawrence, Michael & Goodwin, Paul & O'Connor, Marcus & Onkal, Dilek, 2006. "Judgmental forecasting: A review of progress over the last 25 years," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 493-518.
- Goodwin, P., 1996. "Statistical correction of judgmental point forecasts and decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 551-559, October.
- Chatfield, Chris, 1988. "Apples, oranges and mean square error," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 515-518.
- Fildes, Robert & Bretschneider, Stuart & Collopy, Fred & Lawrence, Michael & Stewart, Doug & Winklhofer, Heidi & Mentzer, John T. & Moon, Mark A., 2003. "Researching Sales Forecasting Practice: Commentaries and authors' response on "Conducting a Sales Forecasting Audit" by M.A. Moon, J.T. Mentzer & C.D. Smith," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 27-42.
- Donna F. Davis & John T. Mentzer & Teresa M. Mccarthy & Susan L. Golicic, 2006. "The evolution of sales forecasting management: a 20-year longitudinal study of forecasting practices," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(5), pages 303-324.
- Syntetos, Aris A. & Boylan, John E., 2005. "The accuracy of intermittent demand estimates," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 303-314.
- Fildes, Robert, 2006. "The forecasting journals and their contribution to forecasting research: Citation analysis and expert opinion," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 415-432.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 2006. "Findings from evidence-based forecasting: Methods for reducing forecast error," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 583-598.
- Thomas Ross, 2005. "The Sales Forecasting Evolution at Brooks Sports," Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting, International Institute of Forecasters, issue 1, pages 24-28, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:34:y:2018:i:2:p:163-180 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:191:y:2017:i:c:p:85-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Crowder, 2015. "Public procurement: the role of cognitive heuristics," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 127-134, March.
- J. Scott Armstrong & Kesten C. Green & Willie Soon, 2008.
"Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit,"
INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 382-405, October.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C. & Soon, Willie, 2007. "Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit," MPRA Paper 6317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wan, Xiang & Sanders, Nadia R., 2017. "The negative impact of product variety: Forecast bias, inventory levels, and the role of vertical integration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 186(C), pages 123-131.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:273:y:2019:i:3:p:992-1004 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:intfor:v:35:y:2019:i:1:p:144-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cote, Joseph A., 2011. "Predicting elections from biographical information about candidates: A commentary essay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(7), pages 696-698, July.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:59:y:2008:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602597 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victor Richmond R. Jose, 2017. "Percentage and Relative Error Measures in Forecast Evaluation," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 65(1), pages 200-211, February.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:274:y:2019:i:2:p:574-600 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fildes, Robert & Ma, Shaohui & Kolassa, Stephan, 2019. "Retail forecasting: research and practice," MPRA Paper 89356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:35:y:2019:i:1:p:170-180 is not listed on IDEAS
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:orinte:v:37:y:2007:i:6:p:570-576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Mirko Janc to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.