Beyond accuracy: Comparison of criteria used to select forecasting methods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Collopy, Fred & Armstrong, J. Scott, 1992. "Expert opinions about extrapolation and the mystery of the overlooked discontinuities," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 575-582, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sinan Gönül & Dilek Önkal & Paul Goodwin, 2009. "Expectations, use and judgmental adjustment of external financial and economic forecasts: an empirical investigation," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 19-37.
- repec:eee:apmaco:v:265:y:2015:i:c:p:400-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Che-Jung Chang & Liping Yu & Peng Jin, 2016. "A mega-trend-diffusion grey forecasting model for short-term manufacturing demand," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 67(12), pages 1439-1445, December.
- repec:spr:comaot:v:23:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10588-016-9234-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:31:y:2016:i:c:p:174-181 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:257:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2204-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Dan W. & Miller, Don, 1999. "Level-adjusted exponential smoothing for modeling planned discontinuities1," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 273-289, July.
- JS Armstrong, 2004. "Forecasting for Environmental Decision Making," General Economics and Teaching 0412023, EconWPA.
- Guo, Zhenhai & Zhao, Jing & Zhang, Wenyu & Wang, Jianzhou, 2011. "A corrected hybrid approach for wind speed prediction in Hexi Corridor of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1668-1679.
- repec:aaa:journl:v:3:y:1999:i:1:p:87-100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Rayer, 2007. "Population forecast accuracy: does the choice of summary measure of error matter?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 26(2), pages 163-184, April.
- Smith, Stanley K., 1997. "Further thoughts on simplicity and complexity in population projection models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 557-565, December.
- JS Armstrong & Fred Collopy, 2004. "Integration of Statistical Methods and Judgment for Time Series," General Economics and Teaching 0412024, EconWPA.
- Li, Der-Chiang & Chang, Che-Jung & Chen, Chien-Chih & Chen, Wen-Chih, 2012. "Forecasting short-term electricity consumption using the adaptive grey-based approach—An Asian case," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 767-773.
- Xu, Bing & Ouenniche, Jamal, 2012. "A data envelopment analysis-based framework for the relative performance evaluation of competing crude oil prices' volatility forecasting models," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 576-583.
- Che-Jung Chang & Jan-Yan Lin & Peng Jin, 0. "A grey modeling procedure based on the data smoothing index for short-term manufacturing demand forecast," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-14.
- Adya, Monica & Collopy, Fred & Armstrong, J. Scott & Kennedy, Miles, 2001. "Automatic identification of time series features for rule-based forecasting," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 143-157.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Poh, K.L., 2006. "A trigonometric grey prediction approach to forecasting electricity demand," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 2839-2847.
- Emrouznejad, Ali & Rostami-Tabar, Bahman & Petridis, Konstantinos, 2016. "A novel ranking procedure for forecasting approaches using Data Envelopment Analysis," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 235-243.
- Khim-Sen Liew & Kian-Ping Lim & Chee-Keong Choong, 2003. "On The Forecastability Of Asean-5 Stock Markets Returns Using Time Series Models," Finance 0307012, EconWPA.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfor:v:11:y:1995:i:4:p:591-597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijforecast .