Qualitative input-output analysis and national innovation system in Slovakia
The aim of this paper is to identify national innovation system (NIS) in the Slovak Republic by the means of sub-system minimal flow analysis (SMFA). SMFA revealed that the core of the NIS in Slovakia is based on innovation activities in rubber and plastic industry, basic metals production, chemical industry and machinery and equipments production. It also revealed underdevelopment of Slovakia in the structure of production in relation to perspective technology fields as well as in the level of technology flows. The results could help government to support innovative entrepreneurs operating in perspective technology fields. Innovation policy based on these results could support the economic growth founded on innovation driven entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID==160|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Romer, Paul M, 1986.
"Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999. "Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2232, David K. Levine.
- Ang, B. W., 2004. "Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy:: which is the preferred method?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1131-1139, June.
- Erik Dietzenbacher & Olaf J. de Groot & Bart Los, 2007. "Consumption Growth Accounting," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(3), pages 422-439, 09.
- Dietzenbacher, Erik & Romero Luna, Isidoro & Bosma, Niels S., 2005. "Using Average Propagation Lengths to Identify Production Chains in the Andalusian Economy/Empleando Longitudes Medias de Propagación para identificar Cadenas Productivas en la Economía Andaluza," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 23, pages 405-422, Agosto.
- Ina Drejer, 2000. "Comparing Patterns of Industrial Interdependence in National Systems of Innovation - A Study of Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan and the United States," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 377-399.
- Akiko Nakajima, 2008. "Total Labour Requirements and Value Added Productivity of Labour in the Process of Economic Development," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 319-330.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Dixon, R & Thirlwall, A P, 1975. "A Model of Regional Growth-Rate Differences on Kaldorian Lines," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 201-214, July.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521517133, November.
- Miller,Ronald E. & Blair,Peter D., 2009. "Input-Output Analysis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521739023, November.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 2002. "Technology-gaps, innovation-diffusion and transformation: an evolutionary interpretation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1291-1304, December.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2001. "Technology-Gaps, Innovation-Diffusion And Transformation: An Evolutionary Interpretation," Working Papers 11, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijtisy:v:1:y:2011:i:2:p:105-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darren Simpson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.