Stock Prices, Exchange Rates and Causality in Malaysia: A Note
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Azman-Saini, W.N.W. & Habibullah, M.S. & Law, Siong Hook & Dayang-Afizzah, A.M., 2006. "Stock prices, exchange rates and causality in Malaysia: a note," MPRA Paper 656, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nagayasu, Jun, 2001.
"Currency crisis and contagion: evidence from exchange rates and sectoral stock indices of the Philippines and Thailand,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 529-546.
- Jun Nagayasu, 2000. "Currency Crisis and Contagion; Evidence From Exchange Rates and Sectoral Stock Indices of the Philippines and Thailand," IMF Working Papers 00/39, International Monetary Fund.
- John Wei, K. C. & Liu, Yu-Jane & Yang, Chau-Chen & Chaung, Guey-Shiang, 1995. "Volatility and price change spillover effects across the developed and emerging markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 113-136, May.
- Issam Abdalla & Victor Murinde, 1997. "Exchange rate and stock price interactions in emerging financial markets: evidence on India, Korea, Pakistan and the Philippines," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 25-35.
- Moreno, R. & Pasadilla, G. & Remolona, E., 1998.
"Asia's Financial Crisis: Lessons and Policy Responses,"
98-02, Economisch Institut voor het Midden en Kleinbedrijf-.
- Ramon Moreno & Gloria Pasadilla & Eli Remolona, 1998. "Asia's financial crisis: lessons and policy responses," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 98-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- DeJong, David N, et al, 1992. "Integration versus Trend Stationarity in Time Series," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(2), pages 423-433, March.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Exchange Rates and the Current Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 960-971, December.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Huangb, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin-Wei, 2000.
"A bivariate causality between stock prices and exchange rates: evidence from recent Asianflu,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, pages 337-354.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & Huang, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin W., 1998. "A Bivariate Causality between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates: Evidence from Recent Asia Flu," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9bk607p6, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baharom, A.H. & Royfaizal, R. C & Habibullah, M.S., 2008. "Causation analysis between stock price and exchange rate: Pre and post crisis study on Malaysia," MPRA Paper 11925, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abdullah, Ahmad Monir & Saiti, Buerhan & Masih, Abul Mansur M., 2014. "Causality between Stock Market Index and Macroeconomic Variables: A Case Study for Malaysia," MPRA Paper 56987, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asmy, Mohamed & Rohilina, Wisam & Hassama, Aris & Fouad, Md., 2009. "Effects of Macroeconomic Variables on Stock Prices in Malaysia: An Approach of Error Correction Model," MPRA Paper 20970, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baharom, A.H. & Habibullah, M.S. & R.C., Royfaizal, 2008. "Pre and post crisis analysis of stock price and exchange rate: Evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 12445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icf:icfjfe:v:05:y:2007:i:1:p:7-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.