Heterogeneous Seasonal Patterns in Agricultural Data and Evolving Splines
In this paper an appropriate model of the seasonal pattern in agricultural data is proposed, which takes the specific nature of such a pattern into account. The methodological proposal is based on evolving splines that are shown to be a tool capable of modeling seasonal variations in which either the period or the magnitude of the seasonal fluctuations do not remain the same over time. This proposal is applied to capture the movements in a weekly tomato export series and the analysis is carried out inside the frame delimited by the structural approach to time series.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): IV (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Timothy J. Richards & Paul M. Patterson, 2005. "Retail Price Fixity as a Facilitating Mechanism," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(1), pages 85-102.
- Lovell Jarvis & Esperanza Vera-Toscano, 2004. "Seasonal Adjustment in a Market for Female Agricultural Workers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 254-266.
- Randal R. Rucker & Walter N. Thurman & Jonathan K. Yoder, 2005. "Estimating the Structure of Market Reaction to News: Information Events and Lumber Futures Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(2), pages 482-500.
- Ana I. Sanjuán & P. J. Dawson, 2003. "Price transmission, BSE and structural breaks in the UK meat sector," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 155-172, June.
- Douglas J. Miller & Marvin L. Hayenga, 2001. "Price Cycles and Asymmetric Price Transmission in the U.S. Pork Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 551-562.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icf:icfjag:v:04:y:2007:i:3:p:48-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (G R K Murty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.