The Impact of New Management Accounting Practices on Strategic Buyer–Supplier Relationship within the Supply Chain: An Empirical Analysis within the Tunisian Context
The literature offers little empiric evidence on the role of management accounting in inter-firm relationships. So, in the following research, we examined the effect of the use of a set of new management accounting practices namely the ABC, the balanced scorecard and the financial and accounting benchmarking as well as the effect of the investment in information and communication technologies (ICT) on the improvement of the features of strategic buyer-supplier relationships (SBSR) within supply chain while taking into account the moderator effect of ICT. The Results show that new management accounting practices and investment in ICT have a positive and significant effect on the improvement of the features of strategic buyer-supplier relationships (SBSR). However, the moderator effect of ICT on the relationship between the use of new management accounting practices and the improvement of the features of strategic buyer-supplier relationships (SBSR) is not demonstrated.
Volume (Year): 4 (2014)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ittner, Christopher D. & Larcker, David F., 2001. "Assessing empirical research in managerial accounting: a value-based management perspective," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 349-410, December.
- Sriram, Ven & Stump, Rodney, 2004. "Information technology investments in purchasing: an empirical investigation of communications, relationship and performance outcomes," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 41-55, February.
- Schmitz, J. & Platts, K. W., 2004. "Supplier logistics performance measurement: Indications from a study in the automotive industry," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 231-243, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/654 is not listed on IDEAS
- Perona, Marco & Cigolini, Roberto & Adani, Mattia & Biondi, Roberto & Guzzetti, Stefano & Jenna, Ruggero & Chessa, Mario & Agellara, Stefano, 2001. "The integrated management of logistic chains in the white goods industry. A field research in Italy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 227-238, January.
- Lai, Kee-Hung & Ngai, E. W. T. & Cheng, T. C. E., 2004. "An empirical study of supply chain performance in transport logistics," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 321-331, February.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/638 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ragatz, Gary L. & Handfield, Robert B. & Petersen, Kenneth J., 2002. "Benefits associated with supplier integration into new product development under conditions of technology uncertainty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 389-400, May.
- Mouritsen, Jan & Thrane, Sof, 2006. "Accounting, network complementarities and the development of inter-organisational relations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 241-275, April.
- A. Jolibert & P. Jourdan, 2005. "Marketing Research," Post-Print halshs-00095262, HAL.
- Daugherty, Patricia J. & Richey, R. Glenn & Roath, Anthony S. & Min, Soonhong & Chen, Haozhe & Arndt, Aaron D. & Genchev, Stefan E., 2006. "Is collaboration paying off for firms?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 61-70.
- Ketikidis, P.H. & Koh, S.C.L. & Dimitriadis, N. & Gunasekaran, A. & Kehajova, M., 2008. "The use of information systems for logistics and supply chain management in South East Europe: Current status and future direction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 592-599, August.
- Slats, Piet A. & Bhola, Bis & Evers, Joseph J. M. & Dijkhuizen, Gert, 1995. "Logistic chain modelling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-20, November.
- Lee, Jeho & Park, Seung Ho & Ryu, Young & Baik, Yoon-Suk, 2010. "A hidden cost of strategic alliances under Schumpeterian dynamics," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 229-238, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hur:ijaraf:v:4:y:2014:i:2:p:185-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.