Regional Tourism Development using Linear Programming and Vector Analysis
This paper describes a linear programming formulation and vector analysis which aims at presenting an evaluation of the available tourism forms of Dirfis area as part of a greater development planning for altering the tourism development in the area. The target of the present paper is to investigate the contribution of three different tourism forms (conference, ecotourism and pilgrim) in the local tourism economy given the available resources. The model introduced is a LP maximization model under the constraints of cost and space allocation. The final results of the model indicate an overall contribution to profits only of two tourism forms (conference and pilgrim) hence ecotourism is criticized from the model as unprofitable.
Volume (Year): II (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- F. Alfonso Arellano, 2005.
"Do Training Programmes Get The Unemployedback To Work?: A Look At The Spanish Experience,"
Economics Working Papers
we052515, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- F. Alfonso Arellano, 2010. "Do Training Programmes Get The Unemployed Back To Work? A Look At The Spanish Experience," Revista de Economia Aplicada, Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 18(2), pages 39-65, Autumn.
- Brodaty, Thomas & Crépon, Bruno & Fougère, Denis, 2000.
"Using Matching Estimators to Evaluate Alternative Youth Employment Programs: Evidence from France, 1986-1988,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2604, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Brodaty & Bruno Crépon & Denis Fougère, 2000. "Using Matching Estimators to Evaluate Alternative Youth Employment Programs : Evidence from France, 1986-1988," Working Papers 2000-25, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Laura A. Schintler & Sean P. Gorman & Aura Reggiani & Roberto Patuelli & Andy Gillespie & Peter Nijkamp & Jonathan Rutherford, 2004. "Complex Network Phenomena in Telecommunication Systems," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-118/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 2009.
"Innovation studies--The emerging structure of a new scientific field,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 218-233, March.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2009. "Innovation Studies – the emerging structure of a new scientific field," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20090104, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Biewen, Martin & Fitzenberger, Bernd & Osikominu, Aderonke & Waller, Marie, 2007.
"Which Program for Whom? Evidence on the Comparative Effectiveness of Public Sponsored Training Programs in Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2885, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Biewen, Martin & Fitzenberger, Bernd & Osikominu, Aderonke & Waller, Marie, 2007. "Which Program for Whom? Evidence on the Comparative Effectiveness of Public Sponsored Training Programs in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-042, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Aakvik, Arild & Dahl, Svenn-Åge, 2004. "Transitions to Employment from Labour Market Enterprises in Norway," Working Papers in Economics 07/04, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrs:journl:v:ii:y:2010:i:1:p:25-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dimitrios K. Kouzas)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.