Regional Tourism Development using Linear Programming and Vector Analysis
This paper describes a linear programming formulation and vector analysis which aims at presenting an evaluation of the available tourism forms of Dirfis area as part of a greater development planning for altering the tourism development in the area. The target of the present paper is to investigate the contribution of three different tourism forms (conference, ecotourism and pilgrim) in the local tourism economy given the available resources. The model introduced is a LP maximization model under the constraints of cost and space allocation. The final results of the model indicate an overall contribution to profits only of two tourism forms (conference and pilgrim) hence ecotourism is criticized from the model as unprofitable.
Volume (Year): II (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Biewen, Martin & Fitzenberger, Bernd & Osikominu, Aderonke & Waller, Marie, 2007.
"Which Program for Whom? Evidence on the Comparative Effectiveness of Public Sponsored Training Programs in Germany,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
07-042, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Biewen, Martin & Fitzenberger, Bernd & Osikominu, Aderonke & Waller, Marie, 2007. "Which Program for Whom? Evidence on the Comparative Effectiveness of Public Sponsored Training Programs in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 2885, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- F. Alfonso Arellano, 2010.
"Do Training Programmes Get The Unemployed Back To Work? A Look At The Spanish Experience,"
Revista de Economia Aplicada,
Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 18(2), pages 39-65, Autumn.
- F. Alfonso Arellano, 2005. "Do Training Programmes Get The Unemployedback To Work?: A Look At The Spanish Experience," Economics Working Papers we052515, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Thomas Brodaty & Bruno Crépon & Denis Fougère, 2000.
"Using Matching Estimators to Evaluate Alternative Youth Employment Programs : Evidence from France, 1986-1988,"
2000-25, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Brodaty, Thomas & Crépon, Bruno & Fougère, Denis, 2000. "Using Matching Estimators to Evaluate Alternative Youth Employment Programs: Evidence from France, 1986-1988," CEPR Discussion Papers 2604, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aakvik, Arild & Dahl, Svenn-Åge, 2004. "Transitions to Employment from Labour Market Enterprises in Norway," Working Papers in Economics 07/04, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20040118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2009.
"Innovation Studies – the emerging structure of a new scientific field,"
Working Papers on Innovation Studies
20090104, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "Innovation studies--The emerging structure of a new scientific field," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 218-233, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrs:journl:v:ii:y:2010:i:1:p:25-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dimitrios K. Kouzas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.