Trabajo voluntario en Organizaciones No Lucrativas: análisis de los factores determinantes de las diferencias entre hombres y mujeres
Doing volunteer work in Nonprofit Organizations represents a means of community participation enriching the whole of a society and those involved. According to the 2002-2003 Spanish Survey on Time Employment, 10,8% of voluntary workers were men compared with 9,4% for women. However, studies on the characteristics of voluntary work show divergence regarding differences in participation when gender is considered. In this paper, based on the above-mentioned survey, a study is carried out of the factors influencing the decision whether or not to become a volunteer and the time to be devoted to this activity; an analysis is also made of whether these factors are different for women and men
Volume (Year): 192 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Cardenal Herrera Oria, 378, 28035 Madrid|
Web page: http://www.ief.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-58, December.
- Brown, Eleanor & Lankford, Hamilton, 1992. "Gifts of money and gifts of time estimating the effects of tax prices and available time," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 321-341, April.
- repec:hrv:faseco:4632239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard B. Freeman, 1996.
"Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor,"
NBER Working Papers
5435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1997. "Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages S140-66, January.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Gilberto Turati, 2004. "Volunteer Labour Supply: the role of workers' motivations," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(4), pages 619-643, December.
- Menchik, Paul L. & Weisbrod, Burton A., 1987. "Volunteer labor supply," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-183, March.
- Duncan, Brian, 1999. "Modeling charitable contributions of time and money," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 213-242, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hpe:journl:y:2010:v:192:i:1:p:9-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Belén Miquel Burgos)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.