Trabajo voluntario en Organizaciones No Lucrativas: análisis de los factores determinantes de las diferencias entre hombres y mujeres
Doing volunteer work in Nonprofit Organizations represents a means of community participation enriching the whole of a society and those involved. According to the 2002-2003 Spanish Survey on Time Employment, 10,8% of voluntary workers were men compared with 9,4% for women. However, studies on the characteristics of voluntary work show divergence regarding differences in participation when gender is considered. In this paper, based on the above-mentioned survey, a study is carried out of the factors influencing the decision whether or not to become a volunteer and the time to be devoted to this activity; an analysis is also made of whether these factors are different for women and men
Volume (Year): 192 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Cardenal Herrera Oria, 378, 28035 Madrid|
Web page: http://www.ief.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duncan, Brian, 1999. "Modeling charitable contributions of time and money," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 213-242, May.
- Freeman, Richard Barry, 1997.
"Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor,"
4632239, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1997. "Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages S140-66, January.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1996. "Working for Nothing: The Supply of Volunteer Labor," NBER Working Papers 5435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brown, Eleanor & Lankford, Hamilton, 1992. "Gifts of money and gifts of time estimating the effects of tax prices and available time," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 321-341, April.
- Andreoni, James, 1989. "Giving with Impure Altruism: Applications to Charity and Ricardian Equivalence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1447-58, December.
- Lorenzo Cappellari & Gilberto Turati, 2004. "Volunteer Labour Supply: the role of workers' motivations," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 75(4), pages 619-643, December.
- Menchik, Paul L. & Weisbrod, Burton A., 1987. "Volunteer labor supply," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 159-183, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hpe:journl:y:2010:v:192:i:1:p:9-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Belén Miquel Burgos)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.