Social Insertion Income: the contribution of the association Qualificar para Incluyir towards enhancing this policy
Strong constraints limit the potential of the Social Insertion Income (SII) policy to fight the resurgence of material poverty and the current loss of social cohesion. The right to insertion is seriously compromised by the chronic deficit of job opportunities and the withdrawal of the Welfare State. However, by translating scientific knowledge of economic, social and symbolic exclusion into modes of action, it is possible to take advantage of the narrow scope of institutional power that remains in the scope of local intervention. Raising the social and cultural capital of SII beneficiaries in order to reformulate their habitus and promoting their return to training in order to acquire an effective asset for their professional and social life are the main axes of the social experiments undertaken by the association Qualificar para Incluir.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 35 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Av. Dias da Silva, 165, 3004-512 COIMBRA|
Phone: + 351 239 790 500
Fax: + 351 239 40 35 11
Web page: http://notas-economicas.fe.uc.pt/index_en.htm
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlos Farinha Rodrigues, 2009. "Efficacy of Anti-poverty and Welfare Programs in Portugal: the Joint Impact of the CSI and RSI," Working Papers Department of Economics 2009/42, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Miguel Gouveia & Carlos Farinha Rodrigues, 1999. "The impact of a "Minimum Guaranteed Income Program" in Portugal," Working Papers Department of Economics 1999/03, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Carlos Farinha Rodrigues & Isabel Andrade, 2010.
"Monetary Poverty, Material Deprivation and Consistent Poverty in Portugal,"
Working Papers Department of Economics
2010/25, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Carlos Farinha Rodrigues & Isabel Andrade, 2012. "Monetary Poverty, Material Deprivation and Consistent Poverty in Portugal," Notas Económicas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 35, pages 20-39, June.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1993_48n3_0795 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gmf:journl:y:2012:i:35:p:59-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sara Santos)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.