Can Sustainable Investment Yield Better Financial Returns: A Comparative Study of ESG Indices and MSCI Indices
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Felipe Arias Fogliano de Souza Cunha & Carlos Samanez, 2013. "Performance Analysis of Sustainable Investments in the Brazilian Stock Market: A Study About the Corporate Sustainability Index (ISE)," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 19-36, September.
- Ping Wang & Tomoe Moore, 2008. "Stock Market Integration For The Transition Economies: Time‐Varying Conditional Correlation Approach," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(s1), pages 116-133, September.
- Dimitriou, Dimitrios & Kenourgios, Dimitris & Simos, Theodore, 2013. "Global financial crisis and emerging stock market contagion: A multivariate FIAPARCH–DCC approach," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 46-56.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 2014. "Modeling volatility and conditional correlations between socially responsible investments, gold and oil," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 609-618.
- Carlos Lassala & Andreea Apetrei & Juan Sapena, 2017. "Sustainability Matter and Financial Performance of Companies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-16, August.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Shih-Fang Lo & Her-Jiun Sheu, 2007. "Is Corporate Sustainability a Value-Increasing Strategy for Business?," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 345-358, March.
- Darren D. Lee & Jacquelyn E. Humphrey & Karen L. Benson & Jason Y. K. Ahn, 2010. "Socially responsible investment fund performance: the impact of screening intensity," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(2), pages 351-370, June.
- Ahmad Monir Abdullah & Buerhan Saiti & Mansur Masih, 2016. "The impact of crude oil price on Islamic stock indices of South East Asian countries: Evidence from MGARCH-DCC and wavelet approaches," Borsa Istanbul Review, Research and Business Development Department, Borsa Istanbul, vol. 16(4), pages 219-232, December.
- Mensi, Walid & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Al-Jarrah, Idries Mohammad Wanas & Sensoy, Ahmet & Kang, Sang Hoon, 2017. "Dynamic risk spillovers between gold, oil prices and conventional, sustainability and Islamic equity aggregates and sectors with portfolio implications," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 454-475.
- Hervé Stolowy & Luc Paugam, 2018.
"The expansion of non-financial reporting: an exploratory study,"
Accounting and Business Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 525-548, July.
- Stolowy, Hervé & Paugam, Luc, 2018. "The Expansion of Non-Financial Reporting: An Exploratory Study," HEC Research Papers Series 1262, HEC Paris.
- Alamo Alexandre da Silva Batista & Antonio Carlos de Francisco, 2018. "Organizational Sustainability Practices: A Study of the Firms Listed by the Corporate Sustainability Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Stephen Fowler & C. Hope, 2007. "A Critical Review of Sustainable Business Indices and their Impact," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 243-252, December.
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Vassilios Babalos & Clement Kyei, 2016.
"Predictability of sustainable investments and the role of uncertainty: evidence from a non-parametric causality-in-quantiles test,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(48), pages 4655-4665, October.
- Nikolaos Antonakakis & Vassilios Babalos & Clement Kyei, 2015. "Predictability of Sustainable Investments and the Role of Uncertainty: Evidence from a Non-Parametric Causality-in-Quantiles Test," Working Papers 201576, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Antonio Vives & Baljit Wadhwa, 2012. "Sustainability indices in emerging markets: impact on responsible practices and financial market development," Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3-4), pages 318-337, October.
- Dongweí Su, 2003.
"Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Chinese Stock Markets A Research Handbook, chapter 3, pages 75-122,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M., 1998. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 239-256, May.
- Belton Fleisher & Dongwei Su, 1996. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Working Papers 005, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Gaurav Talan & Gagan Deep Sharma, 2019. "Doing Well by Doing Good: A Systematic Review and Research Agenda for Sustainable Investment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-16, January.
- Isabel Gallego-Álvarez & Isabel M. García-Sánchez & Cléber Silva Vieira, 2014. "Climate Change and Financial Performance in Times of Crisis," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(6), pages 361-374, September.
- Sanjay Sehgal & Wasim Ahmad & Florent Deisting, 2015. "An investigation of price discovery and volatility spillovers in India’s foreign exchange market," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(2), pages 261-284, May.
- Ali Alshehhi & Haitham Nobanee & Nilesh Khare, 2018. "The Impact of Sustainability Practices on Corporate Financial Performance: Literature Trends and Future Research Potential," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-25, February.
- Chih‐Chiang Hsu & Chih‐Ping Tseng & Yaw‐Huei Wang, 2008. "Dynamic hedging with futures: A copula‐based GARCH model," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(11), pages 1095-1116, November.
- Kenourgios, Dimitris & Dimitriou, Dimitrios, 2015. "Contagion of the Global Financial Crisis and the real economy: A regional analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 283-293.
- Hong, Harrison & Kacperczyk, Marcin, 2009. "The price of sin: The effects of social norms on markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 15-36, July.
- Andreas Humpe & Peter Macmillan, 2007. "Can macroeconomic variables explain long term stock market movements? A comparison of the US and Japan," CDMA Working Paper Series 200720, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Yiuman Tse, 1999. "Price discovery and volatility spillovers in the DJIA index and futures markets," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(8), pages 911-930, December.
- Chitra Sriyani De Silva Lokuwaduge & Kumudini Heenetigala, 2017. "Integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Disclosure for a Sustainable Development: An Australian Study," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 438-450, May.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Riza Demirer & Rangan Gupta, 2017.
"Do Sustainable Stocks Offer Diversification Benefits for Conventional Portfolios? An Empirical Analysis of Risk Spillovers and Dynamic Correlations,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-18, October.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Riza Demirer & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "Do Sustainable Stocks Offer Diversification Benefits for Conventional Portfolios? An Empirical Analysis of Risk Spillovers and Dynamic Correlations," Working Papers 201609, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Joe A. Yoshino & Mariana O. Machado de Sousa, 2011. "BRIC and the U.S. Financial Crisis: An Empirical Investigation of Stocks and Bonds Markets," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0764, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Eduardo Ortas & José Moneva & Roger Burritt & Joanne Tingey-Holyoak, 2014. "Does Sustainability Investment Provide Adaptive Resilience to Ethical Investors? Evidence from Spain," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 297-309, October.
- Maria J. Charlo & Ismael Moya & Ana M. Muñoz, 2015. "Sustainable Development and Corporate Financial Performance: A Study Based on the FTSE4Good IBEX Index," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 277-288, May.
- Gagan Deep Sharma & Namish Mishra, 2015. "Return Linkages and Volatility Spillover Effect Between Stock Markets and Currency Markets," Review of Market Integration, India Development Foundation, vol. 7(3), pages 175-197, December.
- Maria del Mar Miralles-Quiros & Jose Luis Miralles-Quiros & Irene Guia Arraiano, 2017. "Sustainable Development, Sustainability Leadership and Firm Valuation: Differences across Europe," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(7), pages 1014-1028, November.
- M. LÃ³pez & Arminda Garcia & Lazaro Rodriguez, 2007. "Sustainable Development and Corporate Performance: A Study Based on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 285-300, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Research Review | 8 February 2019 | ESG Investing
by James Picerno in The Capital Spectator on 2019-02-08 04:19:57
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Luis Miralles-Quirós & María Mar Miralles-Quirós & José Manuel Nogueira, 2020. "Sustainable Development Goals and Investment Strategies: The Profitability of Using Five-Factor Fama-French Alphas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-16, February.
More about this item
Keywordssustainability indices; socially responsible investment; index returns; financial markets; ARCH; Johansen’s cointegration; VECM;
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics
- M4 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jrisks:v:7:y:2019:i:1:p:15-:d:203150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.