An Empirical Analysis for the Prediction of a Financial Crisis in Turkey through the Use of Forecast Error Measures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Graciela Kaminsky & Saul Lizondo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Leading Indicators of Currency Crises,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky, 1997. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," IMF Working Papers 97/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul, 1998. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," MPRA Paper 6981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997. "Leading indicators of currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1852, The World Bank.
- du Jardin, Philippe, 2010. "Predicting bankruptcy using neural networks and other classification methods: the influence of variable selection techniques on model accuracy," MPRA Paper 44375, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Koehler, Anne B., 2006.
"Another look at measures of forecast accuracy,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 679-688.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Anne B. Koehler, 2005. "Another Look at Measures of Forecast Accuracy," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Stefan Rayer, 2007. "Population forecast accuracy: does the choice of summary measure of error matter?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 26(2), pages 163-184, April.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden & Jaeho Jang & Chuanhou Yang, 2006. "A Comparison of Neural Network, Statistical Methods, and Variable Choice for Life Insurers' Financial Distress Prediction," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(3), pages 397-419.
- Flores, Benito E, 1986. "A pragmatic view of accuracy measurement in forecasting," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 93-98.
- Tam, KY, 1991. "Neural network models and the prediction of bank bankruptcy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 429-445.
- Makridakis, Spyros, 1986. "The art and science of forecasting An assessment and future directions," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 15-39.
- AndrÃ© FourÃ§ans & RaphaÃ«l Franck, 2003. "Currency Crises," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3124, February.
- Kar Yan Tam & Melody Y. Kiang, 1992. "Managerial Applications of Neural Networks: The Case of Bank Failure Predictions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(7), pages 926-947, July.
- Mihaly Ormos & David Zibriczky, 2015. "Entropy-Based Financial Asset Pricing," Papers 1501.01155, arXiv.org.
- Fuat SEKMEN & Murat KURKCU, 2014. "An Early Warning System for Turkey: The Forecasting Of Economic Crisis by Using the Artificial Neural Networks," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 529-543, April.
More about this item
Keywordssymmetry measurements; forecast error measures; asymmetric information; artificial neural network; machine learning; Shannon entropy; financial crisis.;
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G - Financial Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jjrfmx:v:8:y:2015:i:3:p:337-354:d:54685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.