Practical Opportunities to Improve the Impact of Health Risk Assessment on Environmental and Public Health Decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gwinn, M.R. & Axelrad, D.A. & Bahadori, T. & Bussard, D. & Cascio, W.E. & Deener, K. & Dix, D. & Thomas, R.S. & Kavlock, R.J. & Burke, T.A., 2017. "Chemical risk assessment: Traditional vs public health perspectives," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 107(7), pages 1032-1039.
- Terje Aven & Frederic Bouder, 2020. "The COVID-19 pandemic: how can risk science help?," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(7-8), pages 849-854, August.
- Elizabeth L. Anderson & Gilbert S. Omenn & Paul Turnham, 2020. "Improving Health Risk Assessment as a Basis for Public Health Decisions in the 21st Century," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 40(S1), pages 2272-2299, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2017.303771_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aven, Terje, 2016. "Risk assessment and risk management: Review of recent advances on their foundation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 253(1), pages 1-13.
- Terje Aven & Enrico Zio, 2014. "Foundational Issues in Risk Assessment and Risk Management," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 34(7), pages 1164-1172, July.
- Michael Greenberg & Bernard D. Goldstein & Elizabeth Anderson & Michael Dourson & Wayne Landis & D. Warner North, 2015. "Whither Risk Assessment: New Challenges and Opportunities a Third of a Century After the Red Book," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 35(11), pages 1959-1968, November.
- George M. Gray & Joshua T. Cohen, 2012. "Rethink chemical risk assessments," Nature, Nature, vol. 489(7414), pages 27-28, September.
- Tine Bizjak & Rok Novak & Marko Vudrag & Andreja Kukec & Branko Kontić, 2020. "Evaluating the success of Slovenia’s policy on the health of children and adolescents: results of an audit," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 65(8), pages 1225-1234, November.
- Terje Aven & Roger Flage, 2020. "Foundational Challenges for Advancing the Field and Discipline of Risk Analysis," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 40(S1), pages 2128-2136, November.
- Catherine Mei Ling Wong & Olivia Jensen, 2020. "The paradox of trust: perceived risk and public compliance during the COVID-19 pandemic in Singapore," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(7-8), pages 1021-1030, August.
- Tine Bizjak & Branko Kontić, 2019. "Auditing in addition to compliance monitoring: a way to improve public health," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 64(9), pages 1259-1260, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Tine Bizjak & Marco Capodiferro & Deepika Deepika & Öykü Dinçkol & Vazha Dzhedzheia & Lorena Lopez-Suarez & Ioannis Petridis & Agneta A. Runkel & Dayna R. Schultz & Branko Kontić, 2022. "Human Biomonitoring Data in Health Risk Assessments Published in Peer-Reviewed Journals between 2016 and 2021: Confronting Reality after a Preliminary Review," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 19(6), pages 1-18, March.
- Zio, E., 2018. "The future of risk assessment," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 176-190.
- MartÃnez-GalÃ¡n FernÃ¡ndez, Pablo & GuillÃ©n LÃ³pez, Antonio J. & MÃ¡rquez, Adolfo Crespo & Gomez FernÃ¡ndez, Juan Fco. & Marcos, Jose Antonio, 2022. "Dynamic Risk Assessment for CBM-based adaptation of maintenance planning," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 223(C).
- Hamed Taherdoost, 2021. "A Review on Risk Management in Information Systems: Risk Policy, Control and Fraud Detection," Post-Print hal-03741848, HAL.
- Bożena Babiarz, 2018. "Aspects of Heat Supply Security Management Using Elements of Decision Theory," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(10), pages 1-14, October.
- Isadora Antoniano‐Villalobos & Emanuele Borgonovo & Sumeda Siriwardena, 2018. "Which Parameters Are Important? Differential Importance Under Uncertainty," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(11), pages 2459-2477, November.
- P. Pablo Poveda-Orjuela & J. Carlos García-Díaz & Alexander Pulido-Rojano & Germán Cañón-Zabala, 2020. "Parameterization, Analysis, and Risk Management in a Comprehensive Management System with Emphasis on Energy and Performance (ISO 50001: 2018)," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-43, October.
- Ali Zackery & Joseph Amankwah-Amoah & Zahra Heidari Darani & Shiva Ghasemi, 2022. "COVID-19 Research in Business and Management: A Review and Future Research Agenda," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(16), pages 1-32, August.
- Aven, Terje & Renn, Ortwin, 2018. "Improving government policy on risk: Eight key principles," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 176(C), pages 230-241.
- Sven Ove Hansson & Terje Aven, 2014. "Is Risk Analysis Scientific?," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 34(7), pages 1173-1183, July.
- Terje Aven, 2018. "An Emerging New Risk Analysis Science: Foundations and Implications," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(5), pages 876-888, May.
- Daicia Price & Tore Bonsaksen & Mary Ruffolo & Janni Leung & Vivian Chiu & Hilde Thygesen & Mariyana Schoultz & Amy Ostertun Geirdal, 2021. "Perceived Trust in Public Authorities Nine Months after the COVID-19 Outbreak: A Cross-National Study," Social Sciences, MDPI, vol. 10(9), pages 1-14, September.
- repec:arp:tjssrr:2019:p:69-75 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grzegorz Drozdowski, 2021. "Economic Calculus Qua an Instrument to Support Sustainable Development under Increasing Risk," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Nguyen, Son & Chen, Peggy Shu-Ling & Du, Yuquan & Shi, Wenming, 2019. "A quantitative risk analysis model with integrated deliberative Delphi platform for container shipping operational risks," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 203-227.
- Tasneem Bani-Mustafa & Nicola Pedroni & Enrico Zio & Dominique Vasseur & Francois Beaudouin, 2020. "A hierarchical tree-based decision-making approach for assessing the relative trustworthiness of risk assessment models," Journal of Risk and Reliability, , vol. 234(6), pages 748-763, December.
- Anne E. Smith, 2018. "Setting Air Quality Standards for PM2.5: A Role for Subjective Uncertainty in NAAQS Quantitative Risk Assessments?," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(11), pages 2318-2339, November.
- Mangirdas Morkunas & Gintaras Cernius & Gintare Giriuniene, 2019. "Assessing Business Risks of Natural Gas Trading Companies: Evidence from GET Baltic," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(14), pages 1-14, July.
- Luca Allodi & Fabio Massacci, 2017. "Security Events and Vulnerability Data for Cybersecurity Risk Estimation," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 37(8), pages 1606-1627, August.
- Scholz, Roland W. & Czichos, Reiner & Parycek, Peter & Lampoltshammer, Thomas J., 2020. "Organizational vulnerability of digital threats: A first validation of an assessment method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 282(2), pages 627-643.
- Nazia Nazar & Karin Ã–sterman & Kaj BjÃ¶rkqvist, 2021. "Acceptance of Violence and Its Concomitants Among Students from Three Types of Schools in Pakistan," European Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies Articles, Revistia Research and Publishing, vol. 7, July -Dec.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk analysis; health risk assessment; health impact assessment; risk management; decision analysis; public health;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jijerp:v:19:y:2022:i:7:p:4200-:d:785095. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.