Instability and indeterminacy in a simple search and matching model
We demonstrate the possibility of indeterminacy and nonexistence of equilibrium dynamics in a standard business cycle model with search and matching frictions in the labor market. Our results arise for empirically plausible parameterizations and do not rely on a mechanism such as increasing returns.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 3Q ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.richmondfed.org/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.richmondfed.org/publications/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1994. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415.
- Mortensen, Dale & Pissarides, Christopher, 2011. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 19 pages.
- Krause, Michael U. & Lubik, Thomas A., 2007.
"The (ir)relevance of real wage rigidity in the New Keynesian model with search frictions,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 706-727, April.
- Thomas Lubik & Michael Krause, 2003. "The (Ir)relevance of Real Wage Rigidity in the New Keynesian Model with Search Frictions," Economics Working Paper Archive 504, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Krause, M.U. & Lubik, T.A., 2003. "The (Ir)relevance of Real Wage Rigidity in the New Keynesian Model with Search Frictions," Discussion Paper 2003-113, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher Pissarides, 2000.
"Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001. "Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," CEP Discussion Papers dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Farmer Roger E. A. & Guo Jang-Ting, 1994.
"Real Business Cycles and the Animal Spirits Hypothesis,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 42-72, June.
- Roger E.A. Farmer & Jang Ting Guo, 1992. "Real Business Cycles and the Animal Spirits Hypothesis," UCLA Economics Working Papers 680, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Wouter J. den Haan & Garey Ramey & Joel Watson, 1997.
"Job Destruction and Propagation of Shocks,"
NBER Working Papers
6275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wouter Denhaan & Garey Ramey & Joel Watson, 1997. "FORTRAN code for Job Destruction and Propagation of Shocks," QM&RBC Codes 61, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Nigar Hashimzade & Salvador Ortigueira, 2005. "Endogenous Business Cycles With Frictional Labour Markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(502), pages C161-C175, 03.
- Lubik, Thomas A. & Schorfheide, Frank, 2003. "Computing sunspot equilibria in linear rational expectations models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 273-285, November.
- Andolfatto, David, 1996. "Business Cycles and Labor-Market Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 112-32, March.
- Merz, Monika, 1995. "Search in the labor market and the real business cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 269-300, November.
- Thomas A. Lubik, 2009. "Estimating a search and matching model of the aggregate labor market," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 101-120.
- Zanetti, Francesco, 2006. "Labor Market Frictions, Indeterminacy, and Interest Rate Rules," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(7), pages 1959-1970, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedreq:y:2010:i:3q:p:259-272:n:v.96no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Perkins)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.