Milton Friedman and U.S. monetary history: 1961-2006
This paper, using extensive archival material from several countries, brings together scattered information about Milton Friedman's views and predictions regarding U.S. monetary policy developments after 1960 (i.e., the period beyond that covered by his and Anna Schwartz's Monetary History of the United States). The author evaluates these interpretations and predictions in light of subsequent events.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): May ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 442, St. Louis, MO 63166|
Web page: http://www.stlouisfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher J. Erceg & Andrew T. Levin, 2001.
"Imperfect credibility and inflation persistence,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2001-45, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Richard G. Anderson & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 1994. "A historical perspective on the Federal Reserve's monetary aggregates: definition, construction and targeting," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-31.
- Arthur F. Burns, 1973. "Letter on monetary policy," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 15-22.
- Olivier Blanchard & John Simon, 2001. "The Long and Large Decline in U.S. Output Volatility," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(1), pages 135-174.
- Richard G. Anderson & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, 1994. "A historical perspective on the Federal Reserve's monetary aggregates: definition, construction and targeting," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-31.
- Michael R. Darby & William Poole & David E. Lindsey & Milton Friedman & Michael J. Bazdarich, 1987. "Recent Behavior Of The Velocity Of Money," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 5(1), pages 1-33, 01.
- Milton Friedman, 1970. "Comment on Tobin," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 318-327.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1997. "Distinguished Lecture on Economics in Government: What Central Bankers Could Learn from Academics--And Vice Versa," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 3-19, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2007:i:may:p:153-182:n:v.89no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna Xiao)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.