To float or not to float? exchange rate regimes and shocks
Recent research has reconsidered the stabilization properties of a flexible exchange rate regime when exchange rate movements affect financial conditions, and these, in turn, influence economic activity. This Economic Letter summarizes some of the findings of these studies and their policy prescriptions for the choice of the exchange rate regime.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): jan7 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (415) 974-2000
Fax: (415) 974-3333
Web page: http://www.frbsf.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fabrizio Perri & Michele Cavallo & Kate Kisselev & Nouriel Roubini, 2004.
"Exchange rate overshooting and the costs of floating,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jun.
- Michele Cavallo & Kate Kisselev & Fabrizio Perri & Nouriel Roubini, 2005. "Exchange rate overshooting and the costs of floating," Working Paper Series 2005-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Nouriel Roubini & Michele Cavallo & Kate Kisselev, 2004. "Exchange rate overshooting and the costs of floating," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 62, Society for Computational Economics.
- Nouriel Roubini & Michele Cavallo & Kate Kisselev, 2004. "Exchange rate overshooting and the costs of floating," 2004 Meeting Papers 766, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Luis Felipe Cespedes & Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 2000.
"Balance Sheets and Exchange Rate Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
7840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002.
"Fear of floating,"
14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:rus:hseeco:124089 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfel:y:2005:i:jan7:n:2005-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Rosenberger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.