Stakeholders são importantes na tomada de decisão estratégica em uma organização desportiva?
This study aims to identify and prioritize the stakeholders involved in making decisions in a sports organization. A multiple linear regression analysis was used to assess the influence of the attributes of power, legitimacy and urgency on the salience of the various stakeholders. The results showed a convergence of external and internal decision makers’ perceptions, concerning the three main stakeholder groups: top management, sponsors and member association. Pearson correlations identified four types of stakeholder: definitive, dangerous, demanding and non-stakeholders. A generalized differentiation was also found in stakeholder classification, regarding evaluation of attributes, between external and internal decision makers. In addition, the study suggests the success of organizations’ management will depend on correct identification of stakeholders and consequent assessment of their relevance, in order to highlight who should get priority, and how, in strategic decision making.
Volume (Year): 54 (2014)
Issue (Month): 6 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://eaesp.fgvsp.br/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steven A. Samaras, 2010. "The measurement of stakeholder salience: a strategy for the exploration of stakeholder theories," International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3), pages 285-306.
- Benjamin Neville & Simon Bell & Gregory Whitwell, 2011. "Stakeholder Salience Revisited: Refining, Redefining, and Refueling an Underdeveloped Conceptual Tool," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(3), pages 357-378, September.
- Stefan Olander, 2007. "Stakeholder impact analysis in construction project management," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 277-287.
- Ferkins, Lesley & Shilbury, David, 2010. "Developing board strategic capability in sport organisations: The national-regional governing relationship," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 235-254, August.
- Welty Peachey, Jon & Bruening, Jennifer, 2011. "An examination of environmental forces driving change and stakeholder responses in a Football Championship Subdivision athletic department," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 202-219, May.
- Walters, Geoff & Tacon, Richard, 2010. "Corporate social responsibility in sport: Stakeholder management in the UK football industry," Journal of Management & Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 566-586, September.
- Milena Parent & David Deephouse, 2007. "A Case Study of Stakeholder Identification and Prioritization by Managers," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 75(1), pages 1-23, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fgv:eaerae:v:54:y:2014:i:6:a:38688. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Núcleo de Computação da FGV/EPGE)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.